FOE SALE: Fretless Bass Uke 21" Scale

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

Last December 31st I ordered a bass uke on Alibaba from China for $163 shipped that looked really nice with 3 swoosh sound holes and arm rest. Before I bought, I messaged the seller asking if it had frets (I don't play fretless), the reply included photos with the frets circled and swish sound holes. I ordered and was given a tracking number. It was supposed to be delivered by Jan. 26, when it wasn't, I messaged the seller, but didn't get a reply, so I waited. It finally came Feb. 8 but not only is it fretless, it also has a standard round sound hole. I messaged the seller multiple times with no replies.

It's brand new exactly as I received it, never been played and I'm selling it for what I paid, $163 with PayPal to contiguous US only. It's packed up and ready to ship.

Alibaba acoustic bass waves.jpg

Alibaba Bass uke wrong.JPG

Last edited:
Hmm, that's not without temptation. Have you tested it for function at least? Is it really 21" and not 20-3/8" like U-Bass? If I got it, I'd want to put flats on it and I'm not sure if the Kala branded ones would work and I can't do all the mods you can. :)

And what's "FOE" mean?

Hmm, that's not without temptation. Have you tested it for function at least? Is it really 21" and not 20-3/8" like U-Bass? If I got it, I'd want to put flats on it and I'm not sure if the Kala branded ones would work and I can't do all the mods you can. :) And what's "FOE" mean?
Oops, my ongoing poor typing skills. First I need to tell you that I had an offer for it from greenie44, Rick Greenwald who participated in my uke group buy a few years ago, waiting for a reply that he sent payment. Also, when I unboxed it and saw it was wrong, I immediately reboxed it with the idea that if it gets returned, I can say it was never played, which I then thought is useful when selling.

It's actually about 20.7" scale. I would think any strings Kala recommends for their acoustic ukes would work perfectly fine.

Oh duh, "for sale". Thought I was missing some special kind of sale. :p

I'm sure Rick will enjoy it. I'd consider ordering one, but they'd probably send fretted. :p

I am confused. The photo of the bass in the shipping box has frets. It doesn't look like a stock mfg. photo. Am I missing something?

I hope your friend enjoys it.

Oh duh, "for sale". Thought I was missing some special kind of sale. :p I'm sure Rick will enjoy it. I'd consider ordering one, but they'd probably send fretted. :p
From all of my effort to find a fretted after getting the fretless, it's seems to only be made fretless.

I am confused. The photo of the bass in the shipping box has frets. It doesn't look like a stock mfg. photo. Am I missing something? I hope your friend enjoys it.
Just fret lines, not frets
What Jim said, and I'm sure that also confused the seller when I asked if it has frets, which tells me they're just a middleman and only have photos to post on their sell page on Alibaba. I'm sure it's drop shipped from the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom