NUD Mahimahi Willow Tenore

Poul Hansen

Reaction score
Who could resist that beauty? I just had to have the whole set. :)

20200217_133015.jpg

20200217_133054.jpg

Congrats!

Wishing you lots of fun with all three of them.

Thank You. Oooh the dilemma: Which one to play? And should they hang with front or backside out? ;)

Are the wood, cedar and willow laminate? They look very cool. Good for you. I’ve never really played much concert or soprano so buying a set like that never occurred to me but good on you. Enjoy!

Are the wood, cedar and willow laminate? They look very cool. Good for you. I’ve never really played much concert or soprano so buying a set like that never occurred to me but good on you. Enjoy!

Yes exactly, solid cedar.

Nice.
I wonder if they come out of the same factory as Ohana ukes. That's what they remind me of.

Lovely instruments.

It will be a lot of fun comparing the sizes for how they play and how they sound. Ceteris Paribus.

They probably wanted it to sound Hawaiian but then they those the Dolphin as a logo but I like them anyway.

"Mahimahi means dolphin, but also strong and wise, a deep demonstration of the love for the nature, life and sea of the Hawaiian culture." :confused:

I bet the tenor is made in the same factory as Ohanas and Mainlands. The body shape and headstock look the same, and the construction method at the fingerboard/neck joint looks identical. I love cedar tops, and those look great.

They probably wanted it to sound Hawaiian but then they those the Dolphin as a logo but I like them anyway.

"Mahimahi means dolphin, but also strong and wise, a deep demonstration of the love for the nature, life and sea of the Hawaiian culture." :confused:

Right, but eating mahi mahi doesn't mean you're eating dolphin. That would be plain nasty. :mad:

Looks like they have mistaken the fish for the mammal

"There are two kinds of dolphins—the fish and the mammal.
Dolphin, the fish: mahimahi, pronounced MAH-hee-MAH-hee.
Dolphin , the mammal: naiʻa. "

But what you eat all depends on where you are I guess. In the fjords and sounds in Denmark, we have a small whale a Harbour porpoise which everybody enjoys seing and they follow the boats.

When I was kayaking Greenland, one day at small village, a man came along with a Harbour porpoise cut in half over his shoulder. He was bringing home dinner.

Last edited:
Top Bottom