Oulcraft ukuleles?

pix.fairydust

Reaction score
Anyone heard of or had any personal experience with Oulcraft ukuleles?

These came up for sale (and some flew out the door just as quickly!) at the Southern Ukulele Store in the UK. I'd never heard of them before but they look pretty cool and was curious if anyone had any personal experience with them? They're at the pricier end of the money spectrum!

Hi!
I have a longneck soprano Oulcraft ukulele (KOUL) I purchased from Ukulele Friend a few years ago and REALLY LOVE it! It is elegant in design and has a beautiful, clear sound plus is a pleasure to play. I think Ukulele Friend has sound samples of a tenor and some other sizes on the website, though I believe all may have been sold.

I've had the pleasure of getting to know Jung Tae, the builder of OulCraft instruments, at Ukulele Guild of Hawaii events over the past few years. He's a very fine craftsman and a gentleman. His instruments are always beautifully made, meticulously detailed and sound as good as they look.

I must confess I have never heard of Oulcraft. I just wanted to show my appreciation for busy people like David, who support fellow luthiers! If only there were fewer rivals in other competing markets, fields etc.

I have a 16" neck concert. It's extremely light weight and sounds great. I purchased it through ukulele friend.

I played two that Ukulele Friend had in 2017 and came very close to pulling the trigger on one. They are nicely made and sounded terrific.

Top Bottom