Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Capo for ukulele mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Yates View Post
    Planet Waves has a nice compact adjustable capo. I haven't tried it on a uke yet, but I've been using it on my bajo for a couple of years and it works really well and is small and light. I would avoid spring loaded capos. Get an adjustable one and tighten it just enough to stop the strings buzzing. The spring loaded ones press the strings right to the board and pull the instrument out of tune.

Attachment 125383 Attachment 125384
    The best Uke capo by far.
    Kind Regards
    Dennis

dponeil@xtra.co.nz
    Southern Cross Banjo Ukes & Ukuleles
    Proudly Hand Crafted in
    New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Patrick, I am not sure what a "yoke style" capo is. Is it the elastic band that attaches to both ends of a cylinder type? Or the G7th ultra light capo?
    Here's what I have, one is a guitar the other(middle) for my uke. Compared with the G7 capo. and the top view comparing the slimness of the bar compared to the G7. There's no interference playing next to it like there are with the others in the drawer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I rarely use a capo. Iíve tried the Kyser trigger and didnít care for it. I do like the looks of the G7th and may give that a try. Right now I have a Planet Waves, (excellent capo) and a Shubb lightweight.

Iíve modified the Shubb based on what I did many years ago. On my Shubb guitar capo the rubber sleeve started to tear. I didnít want to have to buy a new one, so I went down to an auto parts store and bought some thin black tubing and squeezed it onto the arm. It worked great.

The sleeve on the ukulele capo makes the aluminum arm sit a bit too high. With my decades old success in hand, I went out and got some 7/64Ē vacuum tubing and used that. It is a really tight fit, but it lowers the overall height just enough to where it is close enough to the height of the Planet Waves. And I like how the Shubb attaches better than the Planet Waves

John
    Last edited by 70sSanO; 02-21-2020 at 02:14 PM.

I find the planet waves one the best in the reasonable price range. A friend gave me a really nice banjo capo that fits some of my ukes. The price is not for the faint of heart, but what a joy it is to use

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

!!!
    Mahimahi MS-35W Soprano Willow
    Mahimahi MC-35W Concerto Willow
    Mahimahi MT-35W Tenore Willow
    Martin T-15 Tiple 1956

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Here's what I have, one is a guitar the other(middle) for my uke. Compared with the G7 capo. and the top view comparing the slimness of the bar compared to the G7. There's no interference playing next to it like there are with the others in the drawer.
    Nice. I can see why you like those. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. (One that isn't $150!)
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you donít begin to know until you begin to try to do.

óLou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    That's not the G7th capo I think people are referring to - this one is _DSC0698.jpg
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, BrŁko walnut soprano

Just discovered this and i'm going to order one. I'll report back when I get it and test it out ~

https://banjo.com/product/paige-p-be-wide-banjo-capo/

Quote Originally Posted by Mezcalero View Post
    Just discovered this and i'm going to order one. I'll report back when I get it and test it out ~

https://banjo.com/product/paige-p-be-wide-banjo-capo/
    I really like those Paige capos for banjo (up to the 4th fret on a 5-string), but I believe they're a little too narrow for many ukulele necks.
    Just a little too narrow for my Cordoba tenor.

Paige capo on tenor uke.jpg
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 02-24-2020 at 09:45 AM.

I have a Paige for my 12th string. It's fantastic. The rubber is made so it will press both the thin and thick strings down. It has a ratchet function, so you just press it into the strings and a release button, that will release all tension with one push. I haven't tried on a ukulele though.
    Mahimahi MS-35W Soprano Willow
    Mahimahi MC-35W Concerto Willow
    Mahimahi MT-35W Tenore Willow
    Martin T-15 Tiple 1956

Thread Information