Legacy Composites, Synergy Guitar - Buyer Beware!

fretie

Reaction score
Legacy Composites, Synergy Guitar - Buyer Beware!

A month ago, following a post here on UU about this company’s ebay listing for a carbon fibre tenor ukulele, I contacted the Ontario based company and after a few emails in which my questions about the instrument were promptly answered and after seeing the company respond on the UU forum thread, purchased a tenor on ebay.

I received the instrument, after a slight mix up related to the shipping details. I wrote a review on UU and gave the company feedback which they acknowledged and seemed to appreciate. I then sent the uke back asking for a refund because the uke was not yet as playable as I expected their future ukes could be. The company assured me that they would refund my purchase price upon receiving the uke. And they did submit the refund of the full price to my paypal account. But the refund was immediately cancelled.

I am waiting for ebay to step in on my behalf however their support webpage shows that ‘the server is down’. I have sent the uke company four emails as well as phoned them but have had no reply.

At this point I am nervous about losing the price of this uke, yes, very nervous.

As well, I feel the need to caution any other UU members who might be considering buying a ukulele from the Legacy Composites/Synergy Guitar company. Caveat Emptor!

I'm very sorry to read this. I have only once bought something from eBay and I did get my money back for that product (it also needed to be returned). I was lucky that the company was actually replying to my emails.

I hope that eBay will be able to make them pay you the money back. Thanks for warning other potential buyers about what happened. Hopefully there is an acceptable explanation as to why the refund has been cancelled and what causes the delay, since they have assured they would reimburse you.

It appears that they've flown the coop, in all their products not only ukuleles. I'm afraid that you'll have to file a case with Ebay and wait for a decision. Their website is down, their Ebay account is apparently inactive, nothing is currently for sale, poof!!!

You might also want to pursue recourse through PayPla if you bought or had Legacy/Synergy buy the protection.

Make sure you save all of your correspondence and texts. PayPal Receipts, shipping receipts, etc.

Best of luck. I'm sorry you wound up being the test subject and it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Erin,

Chris is on the road and has not checked his email. But he is checking it now.

I can assure you we did not cancel the refund and will work to get this corrected ASAP.

Kyle

Frettie you say buyer beware. But then you say Synergy issued an immediate refund to your PayPal account. It somehow got cancelled though??? That doesn’t make sense and Synergy might not be the party to blame. I can understand your frustration with lack of replies but none of this added up right.

I see Kyle replied as I was typing.

Also just want to address that we have not flown the coop as was mentioned.

We are working with knowledgeable people to better refine our instruments and as such have decided to halt sales to insure future instruments have those refinements. That was the intended purpose of joining this forum as it is full of great and knowledgeable players.

Erin - as I said, the cancelation was not on our end and we are actively working to get this resolved and the refund to you.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi Erin,

Firstly I want to clear up a few things. We most certainly did not cancel the refund, and for eBay to suggest so is ludicrous. Secondly we very much appreciated your input as it will certainly help us moving forward with making improvements which was ultimately the goal of joining this forum as Kyle mentioned.

It's worth mentioning that when the original issue with shipping happened I tracked it down and then promptly had it shipped using a priority service and furthermore we refunded you the original shipping cost due to the mix up.

In an effort to keep the information honest and accurate, after checking my email I see that you sent three emails not four. Two of which were just sent on Sunday, and the final email being sent today. With it being a long weekend (Monday was Family Day) you could imagine that I took that time to spend with my Family. In the past I believe you have used the private messaging feature to contact Kyle on this forum and not sure why this method wasn't utilized.

All that being said I'll be looking into exactly what happened with the PayPal refund and will absolutely get this taken care of. If you could I'd appreciate if you could email me what you received saying that the refund was cancelled and cancelled immediately.

Thanks,
Chris

I’ve had some assistance from ebay this afternoon. I was told that the e-cheque that was sent for the refund bounced but fortunately ebay has issued me a refund under their ‘buyer protection’ plan.
I am relieved to be able to report a good outcome and appreciate the support of the UU forum.

Happy to hear you received your refund however we will be looking into what caused this issue and why the E-cheque bounced.

This issue should not have happened.

Thanks
Kyle

You might also want to pursue recourse through PayPla if you bought or had Legacy/Synergy buy the protection.

Make sure you save all of your correspondence and texts. PayPal Receipts, shipping receipts, etc.

Best of luck. I'm sorry you wound up being the test subject and it didn't work out.

eBay emphasizes the importance of communicating only through their site. They keep all correspondence in case of future problems. They even go so far as to block email addresses sent in those messages.

Kyle and Chris, and all involved,

I really appreciate the openness of the communication from both sides of the issue.
as a potential purchaser of either a Carbon Soprano or Carbon Concert (when they
become available), I am happy that we can share our concerns and have Kyle and
Chris both communicate their information.

Sometimes open communication like this helps all parties involved and even those
of us who are interested in how a concern like this is addressed and resolved.

Thanks for sharing!

and keep uke'in', :)

Top Bottom