Hello from eastern Kentucky

GWayne

Reaction score
I've been playing guitar badly for about 50 years, but discovered a wonderful local musical resource about four years ago - the Kentucky Center for Traditional Music. There I found great musicians and teachers and lots of opportunities to play in bands. I also took up mandolin and have really enjoyed it. My skills and confidence have improved dramatically.

Now I've taken up playing a tenor ukulele on my own and am enjoying it enormously. Since there was no local ukulele club, I have just started one, and are off to a fun start. I like lots of different styles of music, but especially jazz (American songbook) , blues, and 70's pop, I've really enjoyed listening to Sarah Maisel, James Hill, and Jake Shimabukuro, and Gerald Ross.

I am a retired professor of education, with additional academic training in theology, and visual arts (painting in oil, acrylic, and watercolor).

Welcome to UU, GWayne!

May the uke bring you lots of fun for many years to come and may your new uke club brighten your community's life.

Welcome to the UU Forum, and the world of ukuleles, GWayne. Sounds like you hit the ground running. :) Hope your uke journey continues to be a joyous one!

Jan

Welcome to the forums! I hope you get much enjoyment from your tenor.

I am often in Ashland/Boyd County visiting my daughter and grandkids. It is a nice area.

Welcome GWayne! "Love of Uke" is easy to acquire. I once bought 50,000 ginseng seeds in Eastern Kentucky ... but that's another story :)

GWayne, welcome to UU.
I'm a "Flunked out" ex fiddle student, used to live on a farm near Simpsonville, KY.
Is that dirty old town still there?

GWayne, welcome to UU.
I'm a "Flunked out" ex fiddle student, used to live on a farm near Simpsonville, KY.
Is that dirty old town still there?

Top Bottom