Thread: VNUD: 1920s Gibson Style 1

Default VNUD: 1920s Gibson Style 1

Just bought this gem on eBay! A beautiful late '20s Gibson Style 1 relabeled and sold by Black, Derges & Marshall, a music store in Peoria, Illinois. The Gibson decal on the headstock was covered by a plate with the store's name (as many retailers did at the time with Gibsons, Regals, and Harmonys).

I haven't played it yet, as it's in the 30s outside today and I want to make sure it has acclimated to room temperature before strumming away. But the frets are in great shape and it's light as a feather.

(I've also reserved one of the rescued Martins from Dave [PetalumaRescuke], which I hope will be ready for my enjoyment soon!)

Sound sample from the Gibson eventually!

IMG_4301.jpgIMG_4302.jpg
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE-1 • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Wow, Rick nice score! Looking forward to seeing & hearing it!
    John

Congrats, that looks cool.....and rare.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Congrats, that looks cool.....and rare.
    Thanks!
    SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE-1 • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Thread Information