String suggestions for a Kiwaya KTS-4 soprano

Captain America

Reaction score
I currently placed some Worth clear fluorocarbons on the uke.

what do you like on yours?

I have Martin M 600 strings on mine . The strings that came on it were very disappointing in sound , I didn't like the uke at all .
I changed to Martin strings and it transformed the ukulele from so so to awesome. I was surprised by the difference .

Last edited:
I've heard Kiwayas are a bit fussy with what type of strings you put on them. Can't recall if it affects the intonation or what the issue was. I don't own a KTS-4 (yet), but I'm researching for the future. :p

What strings do they come with?

I've heard Kiwayas are a bit fussy with what type of strings you put on them. Can't recall if it affects the intonation or what the issue was. I don't own a KTS-4 (yet), but I'm researching for the future. :p

What strings do they come with?

Kiwayas (at least the solid wood ones) used to come with Fremont Blacklines but they've since switched to some type of clear fluorocarbon. It's a nifty way to determine when the instrument was made (I believe they made the switch either around 2018 or early 2019).

I use Worth clears on my KTS-7 as I prefer clear fluorocarbon on most of my sopranos, especially mahogany ones. Black or Brown fluorocarbon is fine as well although mellower of course. Personally, I think using anything other than fluorocarbon on a Kiwaya is blasphemy. :)

Top Bottom