1940s Martin Style 0 for trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

eculuke

Reaction score
1940s Martin Style 0 crack free

In my search for a perfect vintage martin style 0.. I ended up with two amazing ukes. Naturally one has to go.I believe this one to date to late 40s based on the klausen tuners.Crack free. Minor finish issues associated with a uke this age. What you see is what you get. I am looking to do a straight trade for a earlier martin 1930s,20s. I would consider any martin with the stamp on the back from that area. I am ok with condition issues. PM me what you have. It will come with a modern hard case. $600 if you want to buy it shipped....$615 to west coast.

IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0359.jpgIMG_0357.jpgIMG_0354.jpgIMG_0351.jpg

Last edited:
That's really nice. It seems almost perfect to me.

Nickie thanks for the kind words!! It really is...I just ended up with two nearly identical ukes. I am more into the older stuff. I think the 40s-50s are the absolute best players of the vintage martins. This uke is louder then my kamaka concert. The olders don't sound as good but are cool to me because the represent early ukulele history. Has to be somebody out there looking to trade :)

Was this refinished?

If it was it was done a very long time ago....I can’t tell for sure

They used heavy lighting...I wanted to give the absolute accurate angles of lighting to see the imperfections

I cant tell if its refinish or a wear through in spots on the original finish...you can compare the two shots....the imperfections all match...its the same uke...its been sitting in the case since the day I got it.

If anybody is interested in buying it ...here is a chance to own a crack free martin style 0 for $600 shipped in US....if to the west coast it would be $615....also open to trades on higher end ukes. PM me

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom