Newbie from NJ

Chrispk

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to ukulele got a soprano for christmas and am attempting to teach myself with the help of books and videos. I’ve been in contact with a local ukulele meet up group and one of the members was kind enough to give me a little direction and a link to this wonderful forum. The day I joined I bought a concert uke from someone here and I’m awaiting its arrival. My learning is going slow but I’m loving it and I’m determined to learn! When I was a child/teenager I took 8 years of piano lessons , but considered myself average at best. While I enjoyed it I always wanted to learn a string instrument because of its versatility and portability. I think the ukulele is such a fun and “happy” type of instrument. After a few years of asking for one for Christmas I finally got one!

Welcome to UU, Crispk!

It looks as if you've hit the ground running and you have a uke group behind you. Ukulele Underground will complement your learning at home. Apart from material that people share for free, you'll find videos to motivate you. You can ask questions if members from your local club don't know the answer to a problem. There's an archive to delve into and different boards.

Have fun playing your ukes!

Hi, I’m new to ukulele got a soprano for christmas and am attempting to teach myself with the help of books and videos. I’ve been in contact with a local ukulele meet up group and one of the members was kind enough to give me a little direction and a link to this wonderful forum. The day I joined I bought a concert uke from someone here and I’m awaiting its arrival. My learning is going slow but I’m loving it and I’m determined to learn! When I was a child/teenager I took 8 years of piano lessons , but considered myself average at best. While I enjoyed it I always wanted to learn a string instrument because of its versatility and portability. I think the ukulele is such a fun and “happy” type of instrument. After a few years of asking for one for Christmas I finally got one!

Welcome. I joined this forum when I started playing, and it's a great resource. Enjoy your soprano. They're lots of fun.

Welcome. I too came from the piano. You can learn a few chords and have lots of fun, and learning the fretboard (practice, practice, practice ...) is an enjoyable challenge.

Hey, hey NJ! :D

Welcome
The ukulele is easy to learn, difficult to master
C F. G7
Three chords to learn and play hundreds of songs
Learn to play C with your ring or pinky finger — it will become important as you grow in your abilities.
Most importantly...
HAVE FUN!

Welcome Chrispk, it s great group. Enjoy the journey,

Top Bottom