Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight TUSL-35 Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EDW View Post
    The Kaces bags are great. They are really well made and well padded. You can often find them at really good prices

https://kaces.com/collections/ukulele

https://www.ukerepublic.com/store/p2...ulele_Bag.html

You might have to get a concert bag to fit the long necked version
    +1, excellent bags. My Kaces soprano gig bag is my go-to when traveling (works well in a suitcase too, for air travel). In addition to sops, my concert Flea fits perfectly in it, but that uke is only 22", prob need concert size for the Flight LN.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    I bought one of these last week, actually the TUSL-50 model that has the wood grain soundboard.

Hate the white strings that it came with. They are thick and stiff and sound shrill when I played them. They were incorrectly strung as well, with too much string wrapped around the posts and the E-string wouldn't stay in tune. I replaced the strings with a set of Worth Browns that I already had. Now this ukulele sounds fantastic. Warmer and less plasticy than the Enya Nova that I also own. Plenty of volume for a soprano and sustain is not bad for a cheaper ukulele.

Can anyone recommend a better gig bag for this ukulele? Something with more padding to protect against bumps etc. I have other soprano gig bags, but none of them fit the long neck on this instrument. Concert ukulele gig bags are too bulky. Total length of this ukulele is 23.3 inches (59.3 cm). Thanks.
    The Roadrunner RR1SUKE gig bag should work perfectly. Go to their website and you will see the internal dimension is exactly 23.3” long.

I have the concert model (3 years now) which works perfectly for long neck concerts and my Enya Nova which is longer then standard length. These are very well made with good padding, pockets, handle and pack back straps.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

post deleted
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 02-24-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    The Roadrunner RR1SUKE gig bag should work perfectly. Go to their website and you will see the internal dimension is exactly 23.3” long.

I have the concert model (3 years now) which works perfectly for long neck concerts and my Enya Nova which is longer then standard length. These are very well made with good padding, pockets, handle and pack back straps.
    Unfortunately, that bag costs as much as the ukulele. Anyone have a suggestion for close fitting long-neck soprano padded gig bag that costs under $20? Doesn't have to be pro quality.

Hey, lookee what recently showed up on my doorstep from Amazon....TUSL-35 Blackie!

Since I like frictions on sops, I took off one tuner to try one. I noticed that the hole was pretty small, and I could not remove the bushing on the front, seemed to be glued in, didn't want to force it out. I left the Flight bushings in the front holes. The headstock appears to be solid (at least by looking at the sides of the holes), not hollow as I suspected. A Grover 2B tuner post was too thin, fell through the Flight bushing. Gotoh friction from a Famous uke fit, but couldn't seem to get it tight enough, screw probably too long. Then tried a Grover 6B, and it appears those fit and work fine. More later, after I try a full set.

20200224_131328.jpg

20200224_134938.jpg 20200224_154954.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 02-24-2020 at 10:59 AM.
    John

Flight has much nicer bags for higher end models. US list price is in the $20 range I believe. You should be able to find a dealer to get you one (I could but I'm in Canada) or you might be able to order directly from Hal Leonard.

Flight gig bag on Hal Leonard - https://www.halleonard.com/product/2...g?subsiteid=68

Cheers

Just received my Flight TUSL-35, bought from Amazon. The action is really nice & low -- only 0.7MM at 12th fret. .......Oh, wait! I forgot to tighten the strings.

But seriously, folks -- many thanks to Choirguy for putting us on the trail of this grrrreat bargain. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by HaliUKEs View Post
    Flight has much nicer bags for higher end models. US list price is in the $20 range I believe. You should be able to find a dealer to get you one (I could but I'm in Canada) or you might be able to order directly from Hal Leonard.

Flight gig bag on Hal Leonard - https://www.halleonard.com/product/2...g?subsiteid=68

Cheers
    The flight bag is 10 inches wide, but the TUSL is only 7 inches wide, so it will be swimming in that thing. There must be a better fitting reasonably priced bag out there?

Playing mine tonight as it happens. The more play it, the more I think that, for £45... it's a total no brainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osaYUvX7Bf4
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

It's so durable that the dust cover it comes with is good for most situations. If you want a case for less than $20, there are probably some out there, or you could make one yourself if you have a sewing machine. I think it might fit in most soprano cases, but I hope to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    Unfortunately, that bag costs as much as the ukulele. Anyone have a suggestion for close fitting long-neck soprano padded gig bag that costs under $20? Doesn't have to be pro quality.

Thread Information