Mele Ukulele Cosmetic Issue? Worth keeping?

Puglele

Reaction score
I posted a question in the technical support board because I thought my Mele ukulele was having some severe issues. I contacted Mele and they think it’s just cosmetics.
This is the second one i received. The first one’s tail was separating from the body, so I did an exchange. The second one had a weird round dent on the soundboard, top right corner of the sound hole. It’s almost like a tender spot. I feel inside can’t find anything.
Since this is the second uke they sent, they were refuse to take it back unless I paid for the shipping. To be fair I did get $50 off when it was on sale (original $399). I’m wondering if this is a big deal to some of you? Should I keep it or just lose some shipping costs and send it back?
First uke
5E035166-09FF-45FE-B2D5-BEFAF559A499.jpgE854248E-6BB7-43DE-B292-359A3E1BBE1E.jpg
Current one
F274968E-0248-4335-978D-07750CE0FB21.jpg
F2E28EC6-CC90-4166-B856-F993A6C2BDEC.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be concerned at all about the issue at the heel/ base of the neck. Less than perfect finish happens. With the top, can you FEEL something or is it just the looks?

If you are unhappy and you can send it back, then take the opportunity to send it back. There is no way to deal with the dent, it will always be there annoying you, and the planet is currently flooded with good ukuleles.

There maybe some consequences, but you should be able to get some money back and use it to buy a uke you can enjoy from the moment you open the box.

I agree. There shouldn't be a dent in the top. There can be some variation from absolutely flat, but nothing that severe. If it was a $50 uke, I'd say keep it. In this case, your talking hundreds of dollars. Send it back, insured, and get a refund.

I would not accept a blemish like that, even with a $50 dollar discount.

John Colter.

If it happened to me I would send it back also and talk to their quality control team. Seems to me someone is not doing their job of inspecting. When I buy something new I expect it to be in great shape with no problems unless stated or sold as B stock.

Disappointing to hear about issues with Mele.

Yeah. I do like the sound tho! The quality isn’t the best and I am not so thrilled with their customer service either.

Wow, they're 0 for 2. I know that would bug me forever, no matter how good it sounded, YMMV. I'd send back for a refund, and look for a brand with better QC.

Yeah. I have cheaper brand ukes that has better quality. I’m kinda disappointed too.

If you are unhappy and you can send it back, then take the opportunity to send it back. There is no way to deal with the dent, it will always be there annoying you, and the planet is currently flooded with good ukuleles.

There maybe some consequences, but you should be able to get some money back and use it to buy a uke you can enjoy from the moment you open the box.

It feels assured to know that I’m not too OCD. Looks like I’m not the only one that’s bothered by it.

Top Bottom