NUD for the PINK enya nova!

YUNI

Reaction score
Just some thoughts and an okay sound sample :)

https://vimeo.com/393093968

A couple of things:
- during the review (??) part I think I literally describe the unboxing of this uke (is this better or worse than watching an unboxing though :confused:) so if you just want to listen to how it sounds skip to 10:50 ish

- I prefer the narrower nut width :eek:

- not everyone is blessed with an NPR voice and some people (actually a good 40% of people I've gamed with, haha) have brought to my attention that my voice can come across as kind of whiny with valley-girl inflections (But I'm working on toning it down!!) so just putting this disclaimer here :cool:

- please help me with any advice on harmonics (string choices, technique, breathing exercises???)

A fun review and I like your playing, nice job! :)

Very good playing. Enjoyed that. Your Enya sounds quite nice as well.

Will you have to get a different one if you change the color of your hair? :)

Thanks Yuni. I actually liked your description of the smaller nut and neck. I do have tiny hands so I look for that (yeah you do have longer fingers or that's a really tiny nut. wish I did).
Looks like from the website it only comes in concert size. I'm wanting to try another soprano.
I did like the sound of it and thanks for your playing. I'm not one to ask on harmonics, but I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Very surprised that it's your loudest uke of the bunch you mentioned owning.

I actually got out my fluke right after and compared and the Enya is still louder I think!! But right now I have the Aquila red strings on the fluke which I think aren’t as loud as the fluorocarbons I had on before.

Thanks Yuni. I actually liked your description of the smaller nut and neck. I do have tiny hands so I look for that (yeah you do have longer fingers or that's a really tiny nut. wish I did).
Looks like from the website it only comes in concert size. I'm wanting to try another soprano.
I did like the sound of it and thanks for your playing. I'm not one to ask on harmonics, but I enjoyed it.

I would say go for it even though it is a concert size :) I prefer sopranos as well and this kind of feels like a longneck soprano to me. The body being so thin also helps and u don’t feel like you are holding a whale:rolleyes:

I admit I didn't watch the whole video..just skipped to some of the playing. Nice! These are cool ukes and very comfortable. You make it sound very harp-like with what you're playing around 11 minutes.
For me personally, the thin body helped out with the comfort factor, but the neck just felt good in hand too. It should be noted the scale is actually between a concert and tenor on these....so it's more of a long concert scale. I think the Flukes come in at about 15.5" if I remember correctly....so they are a bit longer too....and I think the Nova is slightly longer than that. I measured it once. I know it's in a review I did a while back here.

Good detailed review. Nice playing too. I've been practicing that song on my baritone and now I want to play it on my soprano too! Not sure I'm ready for the John King version though, but maybe I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the review. Always nice to hear the opinions of players who have experience with several different ukuleles.

Top Bottom