SOTU 419 "Lachrymose Lamentations"

First time I heard Cee Lo Green I was blown away - I went straight out and bought his ‘The Lady Killer’ album, which is fabulous. This is one of my favourite tracks. Added some keyboard strings, brass, bass and rhythm - hope that’s not too much Val? And thanks for hosting - great theme! :)

Where irony and the brutal truth intersect, you will find the home of Randy Newman.

And a wonderful end to the day from Baby crying, boys not crying and, to top it all, a touch of irony and brutal truth intersecting! I am totally overwhelmed, but I have recovered sufficiently to bring the Playlist up to date. And now, to close for the evening, I bring you some wonderful "actor-ly" crying from Jack Nicholson in "About Schmidt" from 2002 ... if you have tears & etc.

Great theme! Everybody loves a good cry...
My good friend Paul kindly agreed to pop round and help me out this week and be "father". He'd never heard this song until yesterday afternoon so I think he did pretty well...

And good morning/afternoon/early evening, O Miserable Ones, from deepest France, where we have SNOW!!! Not THAT strange really ... February is the month when we normally have snow. Two days ago, though, it was so hot that I was outside gardening in a vest and a sun hat, and was still too warm. The weather here is very strange and today is the first sign of "winter" that we have had this year.

IMG_20200226_075724_hdr (1).jpg

Should I suddenly disappear without trace, it will mean that we have had a power cut because a tree has fallen on a line somewhere and normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

MEANWHILE, big thanks to Bob and Paul, Alan and John for their "overnight" contributions. Thanks particularly to Alan for fulfilling my special request for "There's A Tear In My Beer"! I will update the Playlist.

Please keep the outpourings of grief going today!

Sorry, I think it will work now.

​It's still not working, Liz. I can't add it to the Playlist and it still says that comments are turned off!

Could anyone offer technical assistance?

As I understood the new 'rules' Google came up with to keep the US Authorities happy, if you set your default as "Made for Children" which, given what Liz does for a living, I imagine she needed to do, then comments are turned off and you can't add videos to playlists by default and I don't think you are able to alter that. I suspect the reason is to try and minimise cyber bullying of young children.

I think the solution may be to set up a separate channel for your adult videos.

I figured it out...I said it was okay for kids so they shut off comments. It had to be set as for adults for the comments to work.

Last edited:
Written by Howard Greenfield & Carol King and originally recorded by the Everley Brothers. Crying in the Rain.

Top Bottom