Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 419 "Lachrymose Lamentations"

Little Bird - A Jim Horne song
    Seeking solace from nature and wishing for a magic wand to wave to remove all wrongs from the world.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Cry Cry Darlin'

And thank you, Ceejay, for such a wonderfully melancholy end to the evening (well ... MY evening!) If anyone is seeking inspiration, now THIS is crying ...

Last edited by LimousinLil; 02-24-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

paoriginal

val, i have another homemade song, but i dunno if it counts because i am too musically ignorant to know if it's in a minor key, i dunno WHAT key i'm in! (i came up with what seemed to me a slightly mournful little plink, over two strings, on a uke in standard tuning, but i can't seem to replicate the sound with "proper" chords...) if anyone with a brain would let me know what key i'm in, please let me know

lynda

acid skiffle

My apologies Val.
    I have watched your tear filled intro vid several times but forgot all about your request that originals should be in a minor key. None of mine have been.
    Am happy to take them off the thread if you wish.
    Will try and bring one in a minor key.

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    My apologies Val.
    I have watched your tear filled intro vid several times but forgot all about your request that originals should be in a minor key. None of mine have been.
    Am happy to take them off the thread if you wish.
    Will try and bring one in a minor key.
    Absolutely not, Brian ... they are all true to the subject; leave them be! (To be honest, I had temporarily forgotten that stipulation myself!)
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    val, i have another homemade song, but i dunno if it counts because i am too musically ignorant to know if it's in a minor key, i dunno WHAT key i'm in! (i came up with what seemed to me a slightly mournful little plink, over two strings, on a uke in standard tuning, but i can't seem to replicate the sound with "proper" chords...) if anyone with a brain would let me know what key i'm in, please let me know

No, Lynda ... as with Brian, leave it be! "Mournful" is just fine ... and as I said to Brian, I had completely forgotten about the "minor key" thing.

Thread Information