Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 419 "Lachrymose Lamentations"

Thank you, Corinna and Geoff for rounding off the evening (well MY evening) so splendidly ... and thanks to everyone else who contributed today. The Playlist is up to date.

If you haven't shed enough tears today, I leave you with this short clip of the incomparable Stan Laurel, who had crying down to a fine art, and who was reported to have said, "If any of you cry at my funeral, I'll never speak to you again".

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thanks for hosting this sad season Val! In researching the theme I came across this Johny Cash song. Sent the J.C. version to Jon, and within a few hours we came up with a chart and this clip. On a personal note, I'll never forget studying the Trail of Tears in elementary school, and crying about the sad reality that the Indian peoples faced. Cheers , kev

Jon played baritone, uke tapping percussion and foot stomping device. I played resonator tenor uke and sang.

Last edited by Mezcalero; 02-26-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Talk less, play more . . . .

another homemade-y, all minor chords this time to be on the safe side!!!

"you'll be crying soon"

lynda

acid skiffle

And good morning/afternoon/early evening from deepest France ... where the good news is that it is NOT snowing! Very many thanks to Kev and Jon and Lynda for your splendid offerings. (I was particularly intrigued to hear of the "Trail of Tears", about which I am ashamed to admit, I knew nothing.) The Playlist has been updated.

Please keep those tears flowing, dear Seasonistas ... I want to be "awash" by the end of the day!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Red rage version of Crying Time.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thanks for hosting this one Val. I thought I'd set myself an additional challenge of actually trying to memorize an Instrumental and see how far I could run with it before the brain batteries died ………….

Ahoy
    Here is my crying song of the week, or at least the first one that came to mind.

Here is an original from me (surprise, surprise). I tried to think of a way in which I could write about the theme while presenting an argument against "weeping and wailing" instead of acting on what is causing us misery.

Of course, the solution is never as simple as my narrator feels it is... But a lot of people share my narrator's "pull your socks up attitude"

Hope you enjoy:

Epiphone Les Paul (Red) Concert
    Kala KA FMTE - C (Low G)
    Steel Strung Hora Baritone
    Korala Baritone UKB 36
    Eugene Customised Tanglewood TU5 Baritone (High D)
    Yamaha GL1 Guitarlele
    Baritone Ukulele Banjo
    Oscar Schmidt 8 String Tenor
    Oscar Schmidt 6 String Tenor
    Jack Daniels Tenor - by Peavey
    Mainland Red Cedar Concert
    Korala Soprano Mahogany Electro Acoustic Cutaway
    Tenor Resonator Ukulele HB CLU 34-T
    Alida Electric Tenor
    Harley Benton CLU-Bass

Yesterday would have been Johnny Cash’s 88th birthday, so I’m a day late to that party.

SOPRANOS: • 1920s Gibson UKE-1 • 1930s Martin 2M • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ • Flea koa • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany • Famous FS-1
    CONCERTS: • Martin C1K • Enya Nova U (blue) • Ohana CK-50WG (solid cedar top) • Firefly maple banjolele • Makala MK-CE
    OBJETS D'ART: • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Here's a Willie Nelson song from as long ago as 1959, which I think I first heard when Pa did it for a season of WN songs.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Thread Information