Disappointing Living Water experience

Thank you everyone for your replies!

It's good to have input from many different points of view :)

I'm going to do as most of you suggested, and just let it go

What would I do in your place?

Well I’d talk to Ken direct and accept what he says as being the complete truth. I’d accept that occasionally things do get lost within the mail and that mail between the U.K. and the Netherlands isn’t without a small element of risk - errors happen and your item might be stuck in Brazil.

In Ken’s position I’d be wondering whether you were an honest buyer, not everybody is. I’d also be thinking that once I had posted your items I had fulfilled your order (loss in the post is at the buyers risk and not within the seller’s control). Short of some expensive tracked post I don’t see how this issue can be resolved for you. In your shoes I’d give up and buy from within Continental Europe, someone there will stock Martin fluorocarbons and they’re good strings. This forum has many members in Continental Europe so if you make a new thread asking where you can buy fluorocarbon strings from (within CE) then I feel sure that you’ll get many helpful answers.

I mean this in the nicest possible way: Stuff happens, it’s how we manage it that matters. Time to let the matter rest and move forward in another way.

For what it is worth I have no connection to Ken (he’s not one of my mates).

If I were Ken, I'd definitely think something was wrong on the receiver's end, however, if only the first order had gone missing, it's definitely the seller's risk, as they are the ones benefiting from profits from the sale and losses are part of the cost of doing business.

Top Bottom