WTB: “High End (to me)” Tenor

LoPrinzi custom ukes are made in Clearwater, Florida. Donna LoPrinzi makes custom instruments to order and often there are spec instruments for sale. I have a lovely satin finished solid mahogany custom tenor made by her. Lighter than Ponos. Very well made. Excellent sound.

http://www.augustinoloprinzi.com/

I have two Kala Elite. They're made in California, hand tuned top. They are wonderful sounding, playing, and looking. There's one on the marketplace right now.

I saw that one too. What a beautiful instrument!

I also agree with gochugogi about the Kala elites. I’ve played the Doghair as well as the Koa, and both sound fantastic. They are more open in sound than the Kanileas. Also, the necks on Ponos and Kalas are much thicker than Kanileas or KoAlohas. That’s another factor to keep in mind when making a big purchase.

I have two Kala Elite. They're made in California, hand tuned top. They are wonderful sounding, playing, and looking. There's one on the marketplace right now.

I believe that is a concert - I'm looking for a tenor.

Thanks!

Any interest in a vintage Martin tenor? Be at the top of your range and worth it. Very nice condition, great hard case. Just playing my soprano more.

Any interest in a vintage Martin tenor? Be at the top of your range and worth it. Very nice condition, great hard case. Just playing my soprano more.

Not at this time - thank you for the offer :)

I like the hog Kala Elite too. I'm more of a soprano girl, but I've owned and sold all three K brand tenors and kept the Kala Elite. There's a used one now on Reverb for $495.

Peter, I enjoyed your soundbites! Where can i get the tabs for your version of The Sound of Silence??

Last edited:
I have this lovely Kanilea KT-2 with Misi pickup. Won’t know for a couple days if it is available since a local fellow may be buying it or one of my other ukes - should know by Saturday. It would be at the upper end of your price range and I’d have to look into shipping cost from Victoria Canada to you.
Are you interested if it becomes available?
https://www.flickr.com/gp/mstevulak/Z6D2vB

Top Bottom