Dream come true.

jnicholes

Reaction score
Well, I just fulfilled one of my life dreams today, and believe it or not, playing ukulele actually prepared me for this.

I played piano in the sacrament program in church today.

Playing ukulele prepared me for this. Because I don't have much experience with the piano, I had to rely on my knowledge of Ukulele chords. I decided to play the melody with my right hand, and use my knowledge of ukulele chords for my left hand.

It turned out very well. I just need to practice piano and transitioning to different chords a bit more, but I did pretty good for a start. In fact, I surprised everybody with a key change in the finale of the last verse of one of the songs. I went from C to D.

Well, I got to hand it to my ukulele playing. It really prepared me for when I really needed musical knowledge.

Jared

Wow! Way to go Jared. I wish I had your musical abilities. Congratulations. :music:

Thanks. It was very fun, even though I accidentally ruined two of the four songs.

Oops.

Anyway, I decided to practice for next week in case they need me again.

Jared

Jared, good post. Reminded me that a few years ago I had the same experience. Except, the mountain dulcimer did it for me. I suddenly realized that all the songs I learned on dulcimer, I could play on piano. My wife gave me lessons on playing the black keys and it all came together rather fast.

Not brave like you, never played piano out. That’s my wife’s part.

Congrats on playing at your church. You do have a musical gift to be able to transfer your knowledge from the uke to the piano and perform as you did.

Top Bottom