NUD - Jupiter Ukulele #64

KaminTheWeaver

Reaction score
First, the specs...
Red Cedar top, Sycamore back/sides/headplate, Koa binding, Casuarina fretboard, Paua Abalone rosette/dots, Spanish Cedar neck, bone saddle

I was in the market for a good low-G uke, and I came across Jon's work online. We got to talking, and it turns out he lives about 5 minutes down the road from me! I had originally planned to have him make me a Redwood/Walnut, but when I saw the sycamore he had, I changed my plans and don't regret it!

It sounds as beautiful as it looks. The cedar provides a deep and rich sound, but also enough articulation as not to sound like you're strumming into the abyss (redwood is very pretty, but too muddy for my taste). This thing is loud! The custom bracing and sound port makes this thing loud, sustaining, and consistent up the neck.

The real fun though was being able to drop in from time to time to see the development. Jon cuts all of his own wood and is very easy to work with. I recommend giving him a try if you are looking for a great sounding uke.

View attachment 125513View attachment 125512View attachment 125514View attachment 125515View attachment 125516

Ooooh! That sycamore really is beautiful. Great looking tenor.

Is that an affixed medallion or a decal on the headstock?

Ooooh! That sycamore really is beautiful. Great looking tenor.

Is that an affixed medallion or a decal on the headstock?

It's a fixed medallion. This is his logo that he puts on all his headstocks unless there is a custom request.

Sweet! Almost a little brother to my baritone guilele #47: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...nathan-Dale-Jupiter-Ukulele-47-Custom-Guilele

You're gonna have a hard time stopping at one. :cool:

Since I live so close, I was able to play all the instruments he made this round. They are all beautiful and sound great!

Congratulations on a beautiful instrument. Happy Strumming

Wow, that's a beauty!
Congrats.

It sure is. If you have a chance, post a sound file or video of this beautiful uke.

Congratulations on your beautifully uke.
I had Jon make me a Tenor in 2018. I like it so much that I had him make me a Guilele a few months later. I am now trying really hard not to talk to him again too soon for my third build from Jon. UAS is a stubborn infliction.

Good Morning KamintheWEAVER,
I am the lucky owner of #66 a Kasha Concert. Am wondering if you had an opportunity to play that uke while you were there at Jon's?
I'm curious as to your thoughts on the sound difference, if any, between the Kasha braced uke or the conventional bracing.
Thanks

Top Bottom