FS: 8 String Baritone Uke & HSC

Cubeistan

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Lynnwood, WA luthier K. Bannister converted this 60's solid top mahogany, 19" scale Harmony baritone, to 8 strings. The soundboard is thinned .020" and perfectly refinished. Koa headstock plate, bone nut & saddle. Loud, sweet volume, low action, and fine intonation. I picked it up from its prior owner, Seattle's Totally Relaxed Ukulele Musicians (STRUM) & UUF member, earlier this winter. I've upgraded the machine heads to Gotoh; changed Aquila strings to Uke Logic; and bridge pins to bone from Maury's Music. Selling to offset the cost of a recently picked up Cedar/Macassar tenor. $400 OBO plus USPS shipping. Thanks for looking! Just not thrilled with the way UUF uploads pics so if you're interested shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll send you best pics.
There are more here also https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/msg/d/blaine-fs-8-string-baritone-ukulele/7082507561.html
Cheers.
--
rs

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of playing this uke. I liked it better than the big K 8 stringers I've played. You're getting a vintage solid top Harmony with no issues. After buying, Cubeistan, put at least another two hundred upgrading the tuners and custom bone bridge pins. The old tuners and pins were fine; he likes to improve to gain the maximum potential of any instrument lucky enough to come his way.

I've bought several of his instruments. Every one of them has been in top condition with no issues. He takes any new instrument he gets to our local renown known luthier, Will Bright, for assessment and any repairs or changes needed. Where else are you going to find an 8 string custom baritone conversion, done by two of Pacific Northwest better known luthiers, along with a hard shell case for 400 dollars? The sound is incredible.

I feel this and the vintage Martin baritone he has up for sale, are two of the better deals on the market right now. I tried to talk him into keeping this one because it's so special but he's trying to stay with the "one in/one out" we all try to do. If you are contemplating an 8 string baritone, do yourself a favor and save hundreds of dollars by buying this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom