Thread: New Tenor Ukulele

Default New Tenor Ukulele

My new Tenor Ukulele.

Jared

Sounds quite good.

Eventually, when you need to change the strings, you should try some fluorocarbon strings on it to get a different warmer sound.

Or even a set of Low-G strings.

Enjoy it.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Happy New Ukulele Day. May you have many good times making beautiful music together.

Looks good! Enjoy it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn2018 View Post
    Sounds quite good.

Eventually, when you need to change the strings, you should try some fluorocarbon strings on it to get a different warmer sound.

Or even a set of Low-G strings.

Enjoy it.
    There are low G strings? Wow. I didnt know that.

Quote Originally Posted by jnicholes View Post
    Yes, there are, and they give any uke a new sound. Freemont Soloist comes highly recommended. I asked here before buying a few.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jnicholes View Post
    Yes, as Jerry said, there are. They come in plain (the same material the other strings are made of in the set), or wound (like a low guitar string). The Low-G is an octave lower than the high-g. When people talk about "linear tuning" that's what they are usually referring to. The strings go from lowest to highest (Strings #4 to #1) in a linear fashion. Re-entrant tuning or High-g tuning goes from the second highest string (g, #4) to the lowest (C, #3) to slightly higher (E, #2) to the highest (A, #1). Not in a linear order—which is what the term re-entrant refers to.

I'm not a fan of wound strings. (Low-G, High-G or the C-String.) I think they tend to overpower the other strings, and they wear out faster. But many player disagree and like them. I use plain Low-G fluorocarbon strings, usually bought as a set of Low-G, C, E & A strings on most of my tenors. Living Waters are my favorite, but Worth Brown Mediums and Fremont BlackLines are also very good. Check out Stringsbymail.com for an idea of the varieties that are available.
    Last edited by Kenn2018; 02-29-2020 at 06:35 PM.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Thread Information