Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Tenor!

Default Got a Tenor!

Well, as the title says, I got a Tenor ukulele. I found one On the internet, and I was able to order it. It has great reviews and it seems like a good deal.

It will be here on Friday.

1 step closer to my goal. My goal is to have all four types of ukulele. Soprano, Concert, Tenor, and Baritone. I have them all now except for the Baritone.

After I get all four, I'm going to make an acapella video of a song involving all four of them.

A ukulele barbershop quartet, in a way.

I'll post a video when it gets here.

Jared

Instead of quartet, I picture you more as a choir kind of guy. To my mind, that means at least ten voices. Here's what you need

1-4, you already have that covered
    5. a ukulele bass
    6. a linear tenor
    7. an open C linear tenor
    8. an opan A linear tenor
    9. an open D linear tenor
    10. an open E linear tenor

for ukuleles seven through ten you could use a re-entrant tuning, but why? The G and the A strings would be identical and redundant. With linear at least the two would be an octave apart.

Looking forward to it Jared.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Wheres the sopranissimo/sopranino?? :-)
    Tin Guitar Custom "Smiler"
    Martin S1
    Ohana SK21-A
    Kala Waterman
    Ohana TPK-25G

The truth is, I don't know.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dansimpson View Post
    Wheres the sopranissimo/sopranino?? :-)
    There are such things as that? I didn't know. Well, I'll have to add that to the list then.

Yes two more small sizes, sopranino and the smallest sopranissimo. Then there are 5 string tenors and 6 string tenors and 8 string tenors.

Oh........... and then the long neck versions of soprano, concert and tenor. This could get expensive but congratulations on your collection so far
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

And then you can go down to even smaller, google eko microlele...after playing one of these for half an hour a standard size sop feels as big as a baritone lol
    Tin Guitar Custom "Smiler"
    Martin S1
    Ohana SK21-A
    Kala Waterman
    Ohana TPK-25G

The truth is, I don't know.....

Well, you learn something new everyday.

anyway, my goal was only to get a concert, a soprano, a tenor, and a baritone.

If it gets too expensive, I'll probably stick with just that.

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Don't forget a resonator as well......or would that be a least one resonator in each size????

No one mentioned a banjolele. (Beware, we're all enablers.)

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Thread Information