Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KoAloha Strings NOW Available

Default KoAloha Strings NOW Available

I know that people are always asking how they can get Koaloha ukulele strings. I have seen many threads over the years that tell of large spools of fishing line from Japan, calling the factory and getting the strings sent in a plain white envelope, and endless guesses if they are Worth strings, etc. This past summer I asked Mom's about the strings and she said, "They are 'Worth-like' but not Worth. They are proprietary."

Well, the wait is over. Pops has finally put his strings in a package for sale. Actually, he put this together for the Japanese Market but he has sent several sets to me to see if there was any interest here in USA.

Pops has put these out under his UkeSA label. Here is what he says:Mahalo for investing in the string that I have been using for many many years. I am so happy that these premium ukulele strings are now available through a new brand that I am starting. I'm sure you will find that Papaloha Strings truly "sings" and will be so glad that you made the right investment.

Papaloha's fluorocarbon strings are uniquely processed and are durable, strong and flexible without acoustic or harmonic distortion. The proprietary double layered strings create a sound that combines the naturalness of "gut" strings and brilliance of steel strings. Experience the best sound of both worlds with Uke-reka fluorocarbon strings. The premium ukulele strings that will surely please your ears and hands. Happy picking, plucking and strumming.

The package of strings will work for Soprano, concert and tenor sizes. There are packs for High "G" and packs for Low "G"
    Each package is $15.00 + $1 postage USPS

You may contact me here or send an email to ed@mainstage.org

IMG_0251 2.jpgIMG_0250 2.jpgIMG_0254 2.jpg
    Last edited by efiscella; 03-10-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: corrected the price.

Haha, that Pops cartoon is cute! Can definitely see the resemblance.

I went on the Koaloha factory tour in Honolulu a couple of years ago and I could see the Seaguar Blue labels on the spools of string they were using. Are these the same strings as back then or have they changed to something new?

I don't know, other than what Pops told me. His story to me was that in the early years he was having difficulty finding the string that sounded the best on Koalohas. He tried many and then finally discovered a fishing line made in Japan that worked perfectly on the KoAloha Ukes. He said he worked with the company to develop the gauges and strings that he would use finding the right combination. He said that they purchased in large spools. I don't know if these are the same as what you saw, but these are the same strings they had been using. They have not changed strings. I also asked him which strings he uses on UkeSA and he said the same strings. I know that they use different strings on the KoAlana ukes.
    Quote Originally Posted by man0a View Post
    I went on the Koaloha factory tour in Honolulu a couple of years ago and I could see the Seaguar Blue labels on the spools of string they were using. Are these the same strings as back then or have they changed to something new?

I'm in for a set, email sent.
    Playing my Magic Fluke and grinning like a fool!

I’m delighted to hear that KoAloha strings are now readily available. The next time I need a set, I’ll know who to contact. Tell Pops that, yes! there is interest in the USA. Many thanks to you both for making this happen.

Jan
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

Thanks Jan-- I think Pops will be thrilled just from the orders I took tonight. I could not believe it when I told him that he should also make them available in the USA, he said, "Really? Do you think people will want them here.?" I assured him that for as long as I have been on the UU forums, the question of how to get KoAloha Strings keeps coming up. When you decide to get some, Jan, please email me (ed@mainstage.org). So much easier than the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by efiscella View Post
    Thanks Jan-- I think Pops will be thrilled just from the orders I took tonight. I could not believe it when I told him that he should also make them available in the USA, he said, "Really? Do you think people will want them here.?" I assured him that for as long as I have been on the UU forums, the question of how to get KoAloha Strings keeps coming up. When you decide to get some, Jan, please email me (ed@mainstage.org). So much easier than the PM.
    Will do. Thanks, Ed!
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)

Wow, are they going to work well with my seven prong scepter? I have always had Worth's on it.
    Cheers,
    Christian
    Can somebody save me from running my mouth, please?

No reason why they would not since the Scepter originally came with these strings.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrimess View Post
    Wow, are they going to work well with my seven prong scepter? I have always had Worth's on it.

Thread Information