Stuck Again

jnicholes

Reaction score
Not my car this time that broke down. It was me.

20200227_173359.jpg

Sprained my Achilles Tendon. Im in a boot now.

Well, I might as well make the best of this time and practice my Ukulele while recovering.

Not my car this time that broke down. It was me.

View attachment 125614

Sprained my Achilles Tendon. Im in a boot now.

Well, I might as well make the best of this time and practice my Ukulele while recovering.

Ouch! Achilles injuries are tough. 41 years of running and I've had my share. I also had partial tears in both soleus muscles. Wore the boot for 10 days when I had the first tear. Don't overdo it when the boot comes off. Good luck.

Thanks. I plan on taking it easy once the boot is off.

I actually don't know how the injury happened, but it happened according to the doctor.

I have to ask ... what happened? Was the tread on your sneaker too worn?

:):):)

Hope you heal quickly.

Sorry to hear of your mishap Jared.

Tore mine playing tennis. Missed a trip to Australia with my wife because of it. She had a great time.

Take it easy after the boot comes off and follow the physical therapy exercises and stretches to strengthen it and keep it limber.

I have to ask ... what happened? Was the tread on your sneaker too worn?

:):):)

Hope you heal quickly.

It's possible, but I don't know how the injury happened. My best guess is that it happened while I was playing volleyball.

Bummer! Hope your recovery goes well. How long in boot? Is it your right foot? That means no driving, and is even worse.

I had a similar boot after I broke an obscure bone in my foot. Doc told me "no weight on that foot for 5 months!" That was very hard, hope yours isn't that long.

So far, I am in the boot for 2 weeks. It's my left foot, so I can drive.

Jared

I tore my left one. I was driving a 5-speed stick sports car at the time. I had to have my cast (no boots then) replaced twice because the bottom of the foot part got crushed and broken using the clutch. First was plaster, second was fiberglass. Third was built up fiberglass, then a boot.

Volleyball was probably it.

On the bright side, you'll have extra time to practice & learn new songs. ;)

Hope you recover quickly Jared.

I tore my left one. I was driving a 5-speed stick sports car at the time. I had to have my cast (no boots then) replaced twice because the bottom of the foot part got crushed and broken using the clutch. First was plaster, second was fiberglass. Third was built up fiberglass, then a boot.

Exactly. Plenty of time to recover AND practice! I am actually working on learning a piece from the game Final Fantasy VII. The piece is called "Cosmo Canyon theme."

Do you know what I just realized? On my tv in the background of the photo is an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I was watching an episode about music called Mr B Natural when I took the photo.

Thats funny.

Jared

Thanks. I plan on taking it easy once the boot is off.

I actually don't know how the injury happened, but it happened according to the doctor.

How old are you? I had a torn retina a few years back. I was 61 at the time. I asked the doc who repaired it what caused it. He's maybe 35. He looked at me and said your age!
I threw my back out pulling a towel out of the clothes dryer a couple of years ago!
Funny thing is I'm in excellent shape physically. I work out hard 6 days a week but my back will go out doing something like sneezing!

I'm actually 23.

I got a new tenor ukulele today. Trying it out now.

Top Bottom