NUUD Barron River Tenor Cedar and Quilted Maple!

Martinlover

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I received by post from Australia, a used Barron River Western cedar and quilted maple tenor. She’s not in pristine shape but well played and loved. Many strum marks and some dings in her cedar top. A gash in her neck was filled. Here’s a recent sound sample a friend did just noodling around:
barron-river-ukulele-sound-sample-2020
I believe these are photos from her youthful days:
www.brguitars.com

She’s a joy to play and the tone is absolutely amazing. Also thinner bodied than many tenors and light in weight. She’s got a pickup, and plugged in the sound again is amazing. Taking her in to the luthier this week to check a delaminated spot. Thinking of calling her Matilda.

Last edited:
Yes you got your Barron River! So happy for you and know you will love it like I do mine!

That's a beautiful sound, Martinlover. Congrats!

Beautiful instrument!
BTW, looked up Gidgee, the trim:

"Definition of gidgee

1a : a somewhat scrubby Australian acacia (Acacia cambagei) that grows chiefly in dry inland regions and has an extremely foul-smelling blossom"

Lovely instrument. Terrific sound. It seems to have excellent sustain. Thanks for sharing.

And now I know what gidgee is.

Beautiful instrument!
BTW, looked up Gidgee, the trim:

"Definition of gidgee

1a : a somewhat scrubby Australian acacia (Acacia cambagei) that grows chiefly in dry inland regions and has an extremely foul-smelling blossom"

Interestingly, this ukulele smells really good. Kinda like spice.

Well, Allen now has a baritone up for sale on HMS. Barron River Baritone

ahh well you got one with gorgeous quilted maple! I regret somewhat not getting a baritone that with more exciting wood but no regrets on sound. I just wish I could hear Corey play mine! I just spent the last hour playing mine and wow the action and sound are killer - such a joy to play. Allen's ukuleles are special!

Interestingly, this ukulele smells really good. Kinda like spice.

I had a Port Orford Cedar topped KoAloha LN soprano for awhile. Every time I opened the case, the aroma was intoxicating.

What a beauty!
I've realized that I'm partial to maple ukuleles anyway, but both the sound and looks of this one make it outstanding.
Enjoy it!

Top Bottom