Six Czech folk songs for ukulele

Well done, Ondrej! My favorite was O, rebicku zahradnicky. What does that song title mean in English?

Jan

Well done, Ondrej! My favorite was O, rebicku zahradnicky. What does that song title mean in English?

Jan

Thank you.
The name of the song uses the name of the flower Dianthus caryophyllus. (clove pink) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianthus_caryophyllus

I would translate the title song: "Oh, clove pink"

Lyrics literally translated this:

"Oh, clove pink
Oh, the scented rose
How I forget you
When it's not possible
How I forget you
When it's not possible

If I forget once
People will remember me again
You used to be more sincere
When I followed you
You used to be more sincere
When I followed you"

Thanks! My fathers people come from what is now the Czech Republic. Sir name Horak.........lovely tunes.......I don't speak Czech.....but my father does as growing up all the grandparents who where immigrants and the parents (children born in the usa) all grew up in czech communities....

I'll have to take a look at your books.....

Thanks! My fathers people come from what is now the Czech Republic. Sir name Horak.........lovely tunes.......I don't speak Czech.....but my father does as growing up all the grandparents who where immigrants and the parents (children born in the usa) all grew up in czech communities....

I'll have to take a look at your books.....

Thank you for your response. I am glad that the Czech folk reminds you of the roots of the family.

Top Bottom