Custom Ken Franklin Tenor FS

Ken Franklin

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have one of my custom P2 tenors, Marcy2, for sale. I'm not much of a salesman so I was hoping that folks here wouldn't mind the lack of slick professional photos and such in exchange for lower pricing. This is my first sales attempt on the forum, so here goes. If this goes well I will have some others for sale in the future.

Top- X-braced Engelmann spruce
Headplate, back and sides- Oregon myrtle
Fretboard, bindings and 12 pin bridge- Ebony
Neck- Alaskan yellow cedar
Aluminum position markers
Evo gold frets
Gotoh UPTL 4:1 tuners w/ ebony buttons
Solid laminated hand-carved poplar linings
Two-bolt neck attachment
Oil varnish satin finish
Clear pickguard
17" scale
Nut (1 1/2") and saddle (1 5/8" string spacing)- bone
Hardcase and strap

This is very similar to the ukulele Marcy Marxer uses on several of the songs from her current Yahoo recording with Cathy Fink. Marcy's top is Alaskan yellow cedar and the fret markers are different though. I don't have any recordings of this ukulele but it's very similar to Marcy's. I'm asking $2200.

These photos were taken with my iPhone and I couldn't get the tone quite right. The myrtle is not as warm in real life but the detail is pretty accurate.

https://www.kenfranklinukulele.com/marcy-2

Last edited:
Hi Ken, I was unable to open the attachments. You may try using the add photo function. It looks like a tree in a square frame. Good luck with the sale ~

Hi Ken, I was unable to open the attachments. You may try using the add photo function. It looks like a tree in a square frame. Good luck with the sale ~

Thanks Mezcalero, I did use that add photo function and it worked initially but then it stopped working. So give the edited post a try. More photos with that link. Hope it's okay. Not only do I have iPhone photos but I have a 12 year old computer.

https://franklinguitars.com/Site/UU_photos.html

Wow!
Cool looking uke!

Links to photos work fine this morning. Your photos are perfectly good. They show the uke very well.

Awesome looking tenor. But not a good time for me either. GLWS.

Top Bottom