NUD:Lava U

M3dicat3dV3t

Reaction score
Been playing it since Monday and I love it. Might be a little pricey but it's great.

20200302_131827_zpsfozzau2r.jpg.html

20200302_131800_zpsqyroo4xn.jpg.html

Last edited:
wow congrats. Pictures please

I am trying to put pics up but for whatever reason it isn't allowing me. I tried to upload from my computer and then photobucket and a no go.

Here's one:

20200302_131827_zpsfozzau2r.jpg

The second:
20200302_131800_zpsqyroo4xn.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting looking uke. Very interesting case too!
Congrats!

Can one of you post a link to the maker’s site? A google search for “lava ukulele” returns the expected, but in this case unhelpful, results.

Last edited:
I am trying to put pics up but for whatever reason it isn't allowing me. I tried to upload from my computer and then photobucket and a no go.

Are the photos too big? Try reducing their size and/or resolution and see if that works.

I’m curious if OP can describe how it feel in your hands. Weight, balance, well made or plastic feeling. They call it some mix of carbon fibre stands and polycarbonate from what I’ve been able to gather.

Is it like and outdoor Uke which I have played. Or more like the new Enya Nova Uke which I have not played. Magic Fluke has poly carbonate body with a wooden neck. Klos is actually real carbon fibre material. The Blackbird is a natural flax material build in forms. Where does this model fall in scheme of this?

Thanks

How does it sound playing it vrs listening to it on a video.

I will be looking for one to try in person.

I’m glad you are happy with new Uke. I saw a great review by a good guitarist who really liked the guitar version with this material.

I’m intrigued.

I own an enya nova and a outdoor ukulele. It's hard to explain how it feels, since it doesn't resemble any of the other two. It definitely doesn't feel cheap, it is balanced but just a tad heavier in the body. It plays great, very resonate and quite a bit sustain.

Overall I am very satisfied with it.

Thanks for reply. I definitely will give one a try. I have at least three tenors on my try before buy list right now. I’ve got to many tenors so I need to try before I buy. My experience buying on line has been really good so more that I’m at max space for ukes and retired now. It does look interesting. Apppreciate your comments!

I contacted the company and asked if I could review one (not keeping it) and I heard back once...and never again. A couple of weeks later Bernadette was showing one on her channel. Mind you, I do not have a negative attitude or anything towards Bernadette (Admittedly, some people in these UU circles do). That said, Bernadette introduces ukuleles, she doesn’t often review them other than to recommend them or not...although that may be enough for
most people.

I’m massively intrigued by this ukulele, but the price point stops me knowing the price of the Outdoor Ukulele and the Enya Nova. Incidentally, other scales of the Nova are coming sooner than later.

Last edited:
The cashible site sounds like a "caveat emptor", but if there is an emptor out there and it works, let me know :)

Regarding the lava, are the frets real or just painted to look real?

Also, M3dicat3dV3t, if you could keep only one of your three plastic/carbon ukes, which one would it be? (OK, I realize you love all your children, but still ... )

Last edited:
I'm really on the fence about getting one of these. Aside from the Klos which is over twice the price of the Lava U, no fully synthetic uke has ever enticed me thus far. Then again, it would be mostly for travel purposes and I already have a few ukes for that. Having the effects without having to plug the instrument in seems really nice, although I am a bit confused about whether you need to get the model with the FreeBoost thing - whatever that is - in order to have the "on-board" effects. They don't make that crystal clear, to be honest. Also, the fact that they list the full body length of the instrument rather than the scale length probably irks me a bit too much...

Currently, they only seem to ship these to very specific countries directly from their site so I would have to wait for a retailer closer to me to stock these. At least it gives me time to think about getting one...

Top Bottom