#$@&* Bb,

Looking through some of my ukulele books, I’m surprised to find so many tunes in the key of F and even a few in Bb. So it would certainly behoove one to learn how to readily play a Bb or how to transpose to a different key. And the key of Bb also has the dreaded Eb!!

I told ya all ‘bout those four finger chords and barres. :eek:ld:

There might be another way to play Bb, Eb and E. Mute the 4th string with your thumb on those few chords. If you can wrap your thumb to slightly touch the 4th string and cause it the thud, you’ll at least be able to play the other notes. Also the notes on the 4th string are duplicates of the first. You just lose the re-entrant sound on those.

It might turn out to be tougher than actually learning to play a full chord, or it might be easier for you.

Also if you are having trouble changing chords fast enough to make the song flow smoothly, it is possible to change after the second to last beat, third on 4-4 time, and don’t strum on the next beat. Strum the new chord on 1.

Don’t know if any of this helps, but good luck.

John

Well, thanks for your help, John, but I’m pretty much okay with Bb now. I don’t play E or Eb, and I certainly don’t play in Bb. :eek:ld:

Top Bottom