Song Help Request Ain't No Sunshine

40mm

Reaction score
Hey folks. First post here. I was looking to get my first ukulele and was taken by the Martin OXK. After loads of looking at videos, including Baz's excellent reviews I decided to get one. Found one used and got a good deal from a forum member here. One video I saw was renaud's where he does a sample of Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers. It's the coolest version of it I've ever heard and would love to try to figure out how to play it. I message renaud but haven't heard back from him yet. If anyone can help me out or lead me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Here is the video I'm talking about....https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?121202-Martin-OXK-versus-OX-Bamboo

Hey folks. First post here. I was looking to get my first ukulele and was taken by the Martin OXK. After loads of looking at videos, including Baz's excellent reviews I decided to get one. Found one used and got a good deal from a forum member here. One video I saw was renaud's where he does a sample of Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers. It's the coolest version of it I've ever heard and would love to try to figure out how to play it. I message renaud but haven't heard back from him yet. If anyone can help me out or lead me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Here is the video I'm talking about....https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?121202-Martin-OXK-versus-OX-Bamboo

Here's a version I did a few years ago. I hope this will help.

Ain't No Sunshine (pdf)

Here's a version I did a few years ago. I hope this will help.

Ain't No Sunshine (pdf)

Ik wou je gewoon even bedanken voor je toffe website, Putter! Je hebt een erg gevarieerd aanbod aan genres. Precies omdat vele van de oude Belgische en Nederlandse deuntjes géén belletje doen rinkelen is jouw webstek een heuse schatkamer voor mij!
Ik dacht trouwens dat Herman van de Cauter het enige ernstige Belgische ukulele-rolmodel was, vóór ik UkeFever vond via UU.

Ik wou je gewoon even bedanken voor je toffe website, Putter! Je hebt een erg gevarieerd aanbod aan genres. Precies omdat vele van de oude Belgische en Nederlandse deuntjes géén belletje doen rinkelen is jouw webstek een heuse schatkamer voor mij!
Ik dacht trouwens dat Herman van de Cauter het enige ernstige Belgische ukulele-rolmodel was, vóór ik UkeFever vond via UU.

Bedankt voor het mooi compliment Ms Bean! Maar mij een rolmodel noemen is echt een stap te ver hoor. Die eer laat ik graag over aan virtuozen zoals (inderdaad) Herman Vandecauter of Ukulelezaza. Al is het wel fijn om met die mensen vergeleken te worden natuurlijk. :)

Thanks. It is a nice and straightforward version. Couple more pulloffs and hammer-ons thrown in spontaneously really work wonders to this song.

Top Bottom