Just joined from Nashville

grimsweeper

Reaction score
I'm Steven Broomhead, AKA the Grim Sweeper, joining from here in Nashville, TN.

I've read posts as a guest and finally decided to join after becoming serious about learning to play my banjolele. I've have it for several years but never really put any oomph into learning or practice. So I have 2 months experience about 12 times. But I am getting better now that more effort is being applied. One day, maybe, I'll play for someone other than my dog.

GrimSweeper
Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides.

Welcome GrimSweeper!
Many of us started of as lurkers before we saw the light. It's more fun to be a ukaholic in public!

hi grimsweeper,
How is Nashville (my favorite city) faring after the tornado?
I Think it's wonderful that 85 newbies were interested in playing ukulele, in Music City!
Supplying ukuleles for libraries and schools is our thing too, here in Tampa Bay.

We are a strong and resilient city but it will take time to heal these scars. It is good to see so many volunteers pitching in to help but then again we are the Volunteer state. I live on the west side where except for John C Tune airport, we escaped the might of the storm.

I'm glad you remain unscathed. My heart goes out the ones who perished, and the loved ones left behind.
Have you ever been to the Station Inn, my favorite bar?

Hello Steven, and welcome to the forum from Franklin, TN.
Sounds like you are familiar with the ukulele group that meets at Harding Academy.
Tomorrow (Saturday) at 2pm there's a uke-jam at Lane Music (Cool Springs). Have you been to that one?

Have you ever been to the Station Inn, my favorite bar?
Been there only once.

Hello Steven, and welcome to the forum from Franklin, TN.
Sounds like you are familiar with the ukulele group that meets at Harding Academy.
Tomorrow (Saturday) at 2pm there's a uke-jam at Lane Music (Cool Springs). Have you been to that one?
Since I am so inexperienced I am ashamed to say I am a little scared to go out in public with my uke. I mean, I look very good holding it so that isn't the problem. It's when I touch the string that things go wrong. Just need more practice before I leave the safety of my house.

Fastest way to gain confidence is to visit a strum session. Very forgiving community. Lots of encouragement. If you don’t know the chords you can deaden the strings and chunk. Find a session and show up.

Top Bottom