Tiny Desk with Taimane!!

Thanks. Great session. Current line up with Taiwanese is great! I knew she was a great player but mostly have seen You Tube mash ups with with the fast p,aging medley songs. This was nice to hear her singing! Great sound!

Excellent! A group of us saw her and the two guys in Troy a few weeks ago. She was also playing a 5-string then, and one of the G strings broke. She removed it and kept on playing. She's a great entertainer - unusual fingering technique.

Thanks for sharing, I am huge Tiny Desk fan and follower. I have never heard her sing before, she should do more of it as she has a beautiful voice.

Thanks for posting this. I love Tiny Desk concerts, and will have to make time to watch this one.

Excellent! A group of us saw her and the two guys in Troy a few weeks ago. She was also playing a 5-string then, and one of the G strings broke. She removed it and kept on playing. She's a great entertainer - unusual fingering technique.

That was in Schenectady, Jerry. My wife and I were in the front row, and during one of her last Ukulele sets, she walked up about to about 12" away from me while playing.

We chatted after the concert - she is far more gracious and warm in person that some of the performance videos from a few years back lead me to believe she would be - but then, all I was seeing was a small snippet showing the stage persona on a small screen, which projected a "hey, aren't I just great?" attitude.

In person, she really works hard, both as a performer, and looking at everyone in the audience (and her fellow musicians), and the attitude she projects is "Wow! Thank you for coming! you are so special, and I'm playing this for you, and you alone!"

To me, that was visible during the Tiny Desk concert as well - she wasn't playing to the camera, she was playing to the people in that room.

I just wish she's had Li'o in Schenectady - he was great, too!

-Kurt​

That was in Schenectady, Jerry. My wife and I were in the front row, and during one of her last Ukulele sets, she walked up about to about 12" away from me while playing.

In person, she really works hard, both as a performer, and looking at everyone in the audience
-Kurt​

Yes, I realized that after I typed it, but "Troy" is so much easier to type than "Schnedtayedecy" - whatever. What a name for a town! :D

I remember seeing you there. Yes, it is true that she makes eye contact with everyone in the audience.

I have that video playing in the background while browsing UU. That young lady is an amazing player. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom