FS: Brad Donaldson koa/spruce longneck soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogfasser

Reaction score
SOLD: Brad Donaldson koa/spruce longneck soprano

Wonderful sounding Kumalae-style concert-scale soprano built by luthier extraordinaire, Brad Donaldson. Highly figured koa back/sides with 40 yr. Engelmann spruce top. No issues—perfectly set up with low action just above 2mm at the 12th fret. Immaculately & lightly built to be responsive, focused and loud. Beautiful tone woods and workmanship details both inside and out. The koa is stunning. In mint condition that was custom ordered and built for me last year. It’s a fantastic mezzo soprano, but I am needing to fund some repairs on two vintage instruments received recently.

Some details: Semi-gloss nitro finish. Upgrades include Waverly friction tuners with koa buttons. Koa peg head. Fret markers on both on front and sides. 14.75-inch scale; 17 frets in total with 14 to body. Multi-colored-wood marquetry soundhole rosette. Ebony nut and saddle. Rosewood string-through bridge. Old growth Honduran mahogany neck with Martin-like profile. Nut width is 36mm. Slightly bigger “banjo” gauge fret wire for easier playability. Front, back bindings and endgraft are East Indian rosewood with white/black/white purfling. Currently strung with Living Water strings.

More images can be viewed here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3bTQQWuZooJ7jxDu6

Fits snugly in semi-hard case which is included. Kept humidified and in a smoke-free environment.

Asking $xxx shipped CONUS. PayPal preferred. PM me with any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0206.jpg
    IMG_0206.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Wow, that is lovely!

Super cool instrument. Love Brad’s work!

Hi cogfasser, lovely instrument. Any sound samples?

Thanks Kookoolele. I don’t have recording equipment, but I could consider 48-hour approval period.

I have one just like it! Was just strumming it today. I absolutely love Brad's attention to detail. I ordered mine from Brad back in 2011. I am gathering together a list of the ukes I will be letting go of soon, Brad's is a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom