Jason Myers @ Kulak's Woodshed, Thursday March 19, 2020

rufustf

Reaction score
I'm going to be shooting a live video demo of some ukulele music on Thursday March 19, and it is open for the public to attend, free of charge.

Although it's listed here as the first show at 8pm, the second at 9pm, what that really means is we'll shoot all of our first takes starting at 8, then second takes at 9. This will all be with the band (I have a really great band to accompany me), and I'll play some solo ukulele music between "shows" and field any questions as well about the ukulele, music performed, or anything relevant should time permit. We may do a second take now and then as all of the duds will be edited out of the recorded video.

The venue, Kulak's Woodshed, is strictly a performance space/ video set. They do not serve food, alcohol, or, well, anything other than music. It is all ages, and, get this, pet friendly! A show you can bring your dog to, how about that?

Also, the entire thing will be streamed live from kulakswoodshed.com for those unable to attend in person.

Please feel free to share this with anyone you feel might be interested in attending. This is not going to be anything typical of the ukulele, no Hawaiian songs or vaudville throwbacks. Simply great music as performed by great musicians.

Kulak's Woodshed
5230 1/2 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
North Hollywood CA 91607

Thursday March 19, 8pm

Jason Myers-Ukulele
Mike Bolger-Accordion & Trumpet
Bill Markus-Bass
Michael Jerome-Drums

Attachments

• MYERS_MARCH_2020.jpg
    MYERS_MARCH_2020.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 7
UPDATE--
WE ARE GOING AHEAD WITH THIS SHOW AS A LIVE STREAMING EVENT!!
Simply go to kulakswoodshed.com and click on the button at 8pm this Thursday 3/19. Super easy!
Instead of simply throwing in the towel on this one since everything else has been canceled, we're taking a step towards what is going to be the new normal for an impossible to predict amount of time. Live music streamed directly to you. I would recommend you have some external speakers connected to your device for a higher fidelity experience as most internal laptop/tablet/phone speakers are pretty crappy, especially concerning low notes, and we all want you to hear the rhythm section.
We encourage you to join us via the web. Of course, we look forward to the day that we can play for you in the flesh without the fear of passing a virus around. That's unfortunately the current state of affairs, and we're doing our best to make decisions that don't endanger ourselves or our audience, yet still allow us to play for you.
Thanks-
Jason

UPDATE TO THE ABOVE UPDATE--

Venue has cancelled the performance. No show. Bummer, it was going to kick such ass.
J

Top Bottom