Season 421 - God and Satan

What a treat this morning has been. You guys are really pushing the boat out. At last count we have 66 videos, including three from me for which I will take my penance.

What with there being no sport to watch this weekend I am ready and waiting to hear what else you guys have!

And heres an early morning one from me having just remembered that this song was basically why I wanted to do the theme in the first place.

Just back from a 4 night stay in the New Forest so thought I'd jump on this quickie before the season ends. An Instance where the name God signifies bad ………..

Last edited:
Ahoy-hoy
Since there was no football today, and the plumber hasn't arrived yet to assist with the water heater, I found time to try out one hip hop song that I have been wanting to attempt for a while.
I tried a 'riff' that works for me and then I attempted (15 times) this rendition of the classic DMX song 'Damien' wherein DMX talks of making a deal with the devil in order to achieve fame and success.
DMX is what Aristotle would call a brutish and akrasiac man and he has an excellent poem about artists and the 'industry' which I recommend (see here:https://youtu.be/xsmGrYDLpFM?t=32)

This was a request from my Dad, who has been a lifelong Dylan fan) which he included in an article send and asked if "Joe" and I could cover Knocking on Haven's door... Jon, Joo and Kevin went to work whie I worked my job, and when I got home, all that was left was to add some subtle bassline. If only the guys who are on my real work team were this 'proactive'!

Just realized my introductory video for our new season had lyrics from the Book of Ecclesiastes. Missed opportunity I guess.

After a song about One Of Us, now a song about Beelzebub.

Funny: both songs have the same chord progression (i, VI, III, VII), here Bm, G, D, A. Also Passenger (Iggy Pop) and Despacito (Luis Fonsi) can be played on this progression

This is an original that I wrote for an earlier season. The recording is new with my brand new baritone "lutelele" which arrived this week.

The song is a light hearted take on the hazards of consulting the local witch without thinking things through. Lyrics & Chords below the video.

The Pudding
Words & Music: Geoff Walker

[Em]In our town lived a [G]fair maid
Who [Em]loved a lad who she [D]dare not tell
So she [Em]saw a [G]wise woman
To [Em]ask for a potion or [D]cast a [Em]spell

Chorus
A [Em]pudding, a pudding, a [G]pudding made well
A [Em]pudding for a [D]magic [Em]spell

Go and make a pudding so fine
With the sweetest finest dough
and fill it with the fruits so sweet
And place it by your love's front door
Chorus

She's made the finest pudding e'er seen
With the sweetest finest dough
Filled with fruits ta'en from the forest
And placed it by her love's front door
Chorus

Her love came out of his front door
And saw her lovely pudding there
He wondered who'd been passing by
When he saw a lady fair.
Chorus

Our fair maid's to a wedding gone
But she's gone there in despair
With tearful eyes she watched her love
Marry another lady fair.
Chorus

The moral of this tale is clear
If you tempt him with a pudding spell
Do not just leave it by his door
But make sure that you stay as well
Chorus x2

Love the song Geoff,I reckon I knew that witch,probably worked with her !! That new baroitone uke looks interesting and has a nice sound.I presume it is a luthier build. I was looking at lutes the other day in the Medieval Music Shop in Saltair in West Yorkshire,looked a bit too much for me to cope with but a lute/uke might suit.

thanks for inspiring a fantastic week of music Ryan
gonna leave you w/ another original for the season
grateful Alan had recorded a version of this awhile back
as i didn't have a copy and i'd forgotten how it went -
so - i guess this a cover of Alan's cover

One of my favorite gospel songs. I wish I'd had time to add the harmonies because it is truly beautiful when the other voices come in on the chorus. My heart goes out to the many people who are watching their loved ones leave this world for their immortal home.

It's late enough here I can barely figure out how to make the video public, but it's still Sunday in Hawaii.

You want gods? We got gods - Give me that (really!) old time religion:

Well that's just about a wrap. Lots for me to catch up on on the final day which is great!

I've had a lovely week hosting and I hope you all enjoy Kelly's season!

Top Bottom