Season 421 - God and Satan

To me, this song could be about finding God, or also about a romantic love interest: "I found a place in my heart, I found a light in the dark?", etc.

"A Place in My Heart" written by Dom James, sung by Emma Smith. You may have heard this on the Range Rover TV commercial with the dog riding in the Range Rover. In the commercial, there are only 3 lines to the song. I searched for the whole song, and apparently there isn't one available...yet. One TV commercial site says: "this song was produced specifically for the commercial "New Range Rover Evoque: A Dog's Dream" and unfortunately, it is not available to purchase or download on any music sites." Some other sites predicted that it would not be released for legal reasons, since it sounds very much like the earlier song Every Beat of My Heart, by Gladys Knight and the Pips (does sound like it IMO).

Anyway, I took the 3 lines from the short song on the commercial, and tried to add my own stuff onto it. Hope it's not for the dogs :D

Last edited:
Right! That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I'm all caught up and I'm astounded at the amount of creativity on show. Let's keep this going as long as we can before Kelly's trigger finger gets too itchy!

Ok, one more for me. Dang, I'm running out of Tom Petty songs to learn! This one has limited religious content, but does mention sins and angels, so hope it's ok.

Season of the Ukulele 421 is God and Satan. No one has covered this unlikely friendship yet, so we offer a version taken unabashedly from Aldrine Guerroro's ukulele underground play-along on YouTube. Not necessarily religious, but the devil does figure prominently in the story.

I wrote this in the summer of 2016 on my last day in the hospital for 3 days of IV antibiotics. I have had a few bouts with cellulitis and other things over the years. Just spent 3 days in the Hospital again back in February. Different issue. Doing ok.

Thanks for hosting Ryan!

This is a song written by Ben McKinnon, a friend of Jon.
We are playing it for you now, together with Kevin.
Hope you will like it.

Song written by Kevin Prosch and based on 1st Corinthians 13 from the New Testiment.

I think today's just about been my favourite day this week! 100% solid gold throughout. Allow me to sully it with a song at least 2 octaves out of my league.

Can I also add:

Thank you all so much for embracing this theme with absolutely no sniping, preaching, belittling and judging of each other. We've all just sat back and allowed each other to be each other and that is why this is the best community on the internet.

Love you all

This is an original that I wrote for an earlier season. The recording is new with my brand new baritone "lutelele" which arrived this week.

The song is a light hearted take on the hazards of consulting the local witch without thinking things through. Lyrics & Chords below the video.

The Pudding
Words & Music: Geoff Walker

[Em]In our town lived a [G]fair maid
Who [Em]loved a lad who she [D]dare not tell
So she [Em]saw a [G]wise woman
To [Em]ask for a potion or [D]cast a [Em]spell

Chorus
A [Em]pudding, a pudding, a [G]pudding made well
A [Em]pudding for a [D]magic [Em]spell

Go and make a pudding so fine
With the sweetest finest dough
and fill it with the fruits so sweet
And place it by your love's front door
Chorus

She's made the finest pudding e'er seen
With the sweetest finest dough
Filled with fruits ta'en from the forest
And placed it by her love's front door
Chorus

Her love came out of his front door
And saw her lovely pudding there
He wondered who'd been passing by
When he saw a lady fair.
Chorus

Our fair maid's to a wedding gone
But she's gone there in despair
With tearful eyes she watched her love
Marry another lady fair.
Chorus

The moral of this tale is clear
If you tempt him with a pudding spell
Do not just leave it by his door
But make sure that you stay as well
Chorus x2

I'll remember the moral of the story, Tootler.

I love the look of your lutelele, congrats on your song, your performance and your new baritone!

Stretching the Thornton Rule vis a vis the instrument used here ,so arf expecting a resounding roll of thunder and a lightning bolt of "NO".

But here goes...

Top Bottom