Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 421 - God and Satan

To me, this song could be about finding God, or also about a romantic love interest: "I found a place in my heart, I found a light in the dark?", etc.

"A Place in My Heart" written by Dom James, sung by Emma Smith. You may have heard this on the Range Rover TV commercial with the dog riding in the Range Rover. In the commercial, there are only 3 lines to the song. I searched for the whole song, and apparently there isn't one available...yet. One TV commercial site says: "this song was produced specifically for the commercial "New Range Rover Evoque: A Dog's Dream" and unfortunately, it is not available to purchase or download on any music sites." Some other sites predicted that it would not be released for legal reasons, since it sounds very much like the earlier song Every Beat of My Heart, by Gladys Knight and the Pips (does sound like it IMO).

Anyway, I took the 3 lines from the short song on the commercial, and tried to add my own stuff onto it. Hope it's not for the dogs

Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-15-2020 at 04:28 AM.
    John

Right! That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. I'm all caught up and I'm astounded at the amount of creativity on show. Let's keep this going as long as we can before Kelly's trigger finger gets too itchy!
    "Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Shouting Into a Tin Can EP on Soundcloud now!

Ok, one more for me. Dang, I'm running out of Tom Petty songs to learn! This one has limited religious content, but does mention sins and angels, so hope it's ok.

John

This poor soul runs into a priest....

"https://youtu.be/DZoxXZQ8Gdw"
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

Ah, the Clash have a cool one.

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Season of the Ukulele 421 is God and Satan. No one has covered this unlikely friendship yet, so we offer a version taken unabashedly from Aldrine Guerroro's ukulele underground play-along on YouTube. Not necessarily religious, but the devil does figure prominently in the story.

I wrote this in the summer of 2016 on my last day in the hospital for 3 days of IV antibiotics. I have had a few bouts with cellulitis and other things over the years. Just spent 3 days in the Hospital again back in February. Different issue. Doing ok.

Thanks for hosting Ryan!

"disciple" (god hates us all) by slayer

lynda

acid skiffle

Well, you’re getting it anyway.

This is a song written by Ben McKinnon, a friend of Jon.
    We are playing it for you now, together with Kevin.
    Hope you will like it.

Thread Information