Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of Crowds

Default Fear of Crowds

Our uke group has cancelled our monthly performance at a nursing home because of fear of giving or catching covid-19. I can see this kind of stay-at-home practice spreading, unfortunately.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I had a presentation at a library today that got cancelled, same reason.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I had a presentation at a library today that got cancelled, same reason.
    One of the local libraries is probably going to cancel group gatherings. What a mess! I wish I was 21 and healthy.

I experienced the same thing last week when I called to see about taking my uke to a memory care facility here in Springfield, Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same "mode" this week as well. On the other hand, my girlfriend and her daughter, along with a friend of ours, played and sang yesterday at another nursing home here in town, and they were business-as-usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    I experienced the same thing last week when I called to see about taking my uke to a memory care facility here in Springfield, Illinois. I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the same "mode" this week as well. On the other hand, my girlfriend and her daughter, along with a friend of ours, played and sang yesterday at another nursing home here in town, and they were business-as-usual.
    The residents in my place are almost all over 90, so we've cancelled the outside people coming in. I'd wanted to leave it for now especially with the local uke group coming in, but it was a Board decision.

I’m about five miles from where the first US COVID19 deaths occurred. The county is recommending avoiding public gatherings over 10 people. The big city sponsored rooms and events have closed, including our sing-and-play-along, and private locations—especially senior centers—are locking up. Local coffee shops and bars are starting to cancel their music nights and open mics. We’ve lost most of our normal venures, but we’re still having a few small group sessions in private homes. Most of the group is in high risk categories (mostly but not exclusively age), and risk control is on everyone’s mind. Wash often, skip handshakes, sanitize surfaces, sit a bit farther away, and last minute cancellations are absolutely, positively not a problem if you think you may be sick.

Our county health officer's recommendation: "All non-essential gatherings should be canceled, postponed, or done remotely. Unfortunately, at this time, I have no standard definition of “non-essential” or “gathering” to guide your decisions. Use your best judgment.”.

Our uke club meetups have been cancelled pending further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Our county health officer's recommendation: "All non-essential gatherings should be canceled, postponed, or done remotely. Unfortunately, at this time, I have no standard definition of “non-essential” or “gathering” to guide your decisions. Use your best judgment.”.

Our uke club meetups have been cancelled pending further notice.
    Very few gatherings are essential. I'm sorry to see that NY now has the most cases.

Big events coming up here near Boston are the annual St. Patricks Day Parade this weekend, and Boston Marathon in April. So far, neither has been cancelled. I have been getting unusual offers from movie theater chains, offering free food items if you come to see a movie. Also, I wouldn't want to in the cruise ship business right now. I hope this virus fades away soon.
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-09-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    Big events coming up here near Boston are the annual St. Patricks Day Parade this weekend, and Boston Marathon in April. So far, neither has been cancelled. I have been getting unusual offers from movie theater chains, offering free food items if you come to see a movie. Also, I wouldn't want to in the cruise ship business right now. I hope this virus fades away soon.

Mayor Walsh just cancelled the St. Patricks Day Parade! People are Not happy!!
    "Life is short. Opera is long."

Anonymous

Thread Information