Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 108

Thread: Fear of Crowds

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    718

    Default

    I worry about the health providers who are putting their own lives on the line in order to keep as many infected people alive as possible...and doing it with insufficient resources and adequate protective gear for themselves.
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    I worry about the health providers who are putting their own lives on the line in order to keep as many infected people alive as possible...and doing it with insufficient resources and adequate protective gear for themselves.
    Yes! There is no excuse for insufficient resources. This virus first appeared in December, 2019. We are just now beginning to take it seriously. I hate to see people mentioning how many people die from the flu or pneumonia or anything else. Corvid-19 is in addition to everything else, and there's no treatment or cure.

    More and more events have been canceled around here, and group gatherings have been canceled - like the local St. Patty's Day parade and the 5K race.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Durham, UK
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I have three rolls of the large size three ply toilet paper and half a bottle of hand sanitizer. I'll trade it for a 1968 Camaro. On a serious note, my wife and I are all ready and paid for for a two week river cruise in France and a week in England starting the first week in June. Last week we were offered vouchers to postpone it if we wanted. We thought that was just silly. I don't know if it is or not today.
    I would postpone your trip to France and the UK. The UK government has told older people that they should avoid cruise ships. The latest developments here indicate that the scientists will aim for 60% of the British population to be infected to ensure sufficient herd immunity to prevent COVID19 becoming an annual major disruptor. This country does not try to contain anymore. It tries to delay. The only people getting tests now are those already in hospital. Whoever is showing symptoms is to self-isolate until you get better or worse.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Midlands GB
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Oh! Self-isolate is it? That's a relief - I thought they were telling us to self-immolate!

    John Colter

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    5,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    Oh! Self-isolate is it? That's a relief - I thought they were telling us to self-immolate!

    John Colter
    As in cremation? That comes later.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Yeah, better to stay in your home for now, at least you still have your Ukelele to continue with your practice. It's still better than nothing to do.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    4,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Bean View Post
    I would postpone your trip to France and the UK. The UK government has told older people that they should avoid cruise ships. The latest developments here indicate that the scientists will aim for 60% of the British population to be infected to ensure sufficient herd immunity to prevent COVID19 becoming an annual major disruptor. This country does not try to contain anymore. It tries to delay. The only people getting tests now are those already in hospital. Whoever is showing symptoms is to self-isolate until you get better or worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifestion View Post
    Yeah, better to stay in your home for now, at least you still have your Ukelele to continue with your practice. It's still better than nothing to do.
    We will see how things are in May and adjust accordingly. I'm not going to do anything right now.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

    I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    San Francsico Bay Area
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    We will see how things are in May and adjust accordingly. I'm not going to do anything right now.
    Please, though, do continue to:
    Eat, bathe and play your Uke — though not necessarily in that order.

    P.S. Group #3 of my 4 groups just canceled it’s meetings

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,752

    Default

    Yeah, stay in and play your ukes.

    When they turn off the internet, then we'll really be in trouble! :-)


    Here's the meat and toilet paper aisles at my local supermarket today.
    20200313_123700.jpg
    20200313_123930.jpg
    Last edited by Ukecaster; 03-13-2020 at 09:20 AM.
    John

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Just saw a couple emails from music stores. Some will be open by appointment only. Some are not allowing any instruments to come into the store, even if repairs are needed, or someone wants to trade or sell it. Some are offering curb side pickup, so local people can purchase by phone or online and not get out of their car.

    I fear that many smaller businesses will not survive these difficult times. I certainly hope that all living beings will survive all this, though.

    Edited to add: It was just announced that all schools in my state will be closed until the end of the month.
    Last edited by Joyful Uke; 03-13-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •