Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear of Crowds

They closed some major beaches and parks in Hawaii due to the Corona. And that's odd as wide open spaces, ocean and fresh air are much better for "social distancing" than the TP and water frenzy at Costco and Walmart...

Local Safeway's shelves are bare of toilet paper and meat and many canned goods. Oh well, if food is in short supply right now, toilet paper isn't all that essential, right?

I live in a smaller town in Massachusetts and they have closed the library, town hall , pool at the school and all the schools of course. They said basically to only go out for groceries, medicines, gas and other wise to stay home. I was just reading an article on Italy and it was said that due to a lot of people being selfish and not social distancing when told, it went out of control. That is what concerns me is that people do not listen to guide lines for protection. Like in Florida they were saying there were bunches of people all over the beach close together. One thing that really got me was I was at a store yesterday and bought some candy bars and placed them on the counter. The next person in line who also worked at the store looked and my candy bars and picked one up. I was flabbergasted.

This too shall pass.

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    New mandate: no ukes can be played in a group larger than 3. Banjo ukes absolutely banned.
    Wouldn't a group of banjos playing together keep the virus away? Maybe throw in bagpipes and an accordion.

Annoying.jpg
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

The banjo should be the ideal instrument to assist with social distancing. If you can still hear it - it's too close.

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by bellgamin View Post
    Local Safeway's shelves are bare of toilet paper and meat and many canned goods. Oh well, if food is in short supply right now, toilet paper isn't all that essential, right?
    Lots of canned vegetables left on local shelves. Even in a health emergency you can't get people to eat their veggies.

In my town in the south of Spain Easter, the yearīs major festival, has been cancelled.
    Tourism is everything here, itīs a spa town, but everything except the pharmacy and the food shops is closed and we are to stay in our homes.
    My classes in uke, guitar and Spanish have ceased --- suddenly we are in a different world.

Things are getting serious here in Pennsylvania. All state-run liquor stores are closing indefinitely tonight. And if you want hard liquor and spirits, we don't have anything else but state-run liquor stores!

(Fortunately, many of the larger grocery stores are licensed to sell beer and wine, and they will be staying open, so there's still some hope!)

Obligatory Ukulele Content: The Allegheny Ukulele Soiree, scheduled for later April in Altoona, PA is canceled for 2020!
    Larry

• ROMERO CREATIONS SOLID MAHOGANY "TINY TENOR"
    • COCOBOLO CEDAR/COCOBOLO CONCERT
    • ANUENUE UT200 MOON BIRD (ALPINE SPRUCE/ROSEWOOD) TENOR
    • KOALOHA KCM-10 PIKAKE KOA CONCERT
    • PONO ATD-CR CEDAR/ACACIA TENOR (LOW "G")
    • HARMONY MAHOGANY BARITONE (1950's)
    • VTAB TS2401 SPRUCE/MAHOGANY CONCERT

Quote Originally Posted by Snargle View Post
    Obligatory Ukulele Content: The Allegheny Ukulele Soiree, scheduled for later April in Altoona, PA is canceled for 2020!
    I canceled my reservation in the morning, and I got the cancellation notice about the event in the evening. Too bad. Funky Frets (October) began registration this weekend. I can't imagine any uke fest going ahead this year. If most people don't cancel, I bet most performers/instructors will.

Thread Information