Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Fear of Crowds

Target and Whole Foods are also opening early (in California) for Seniors to shop, but the shelves are still pretty empty. It’s good of them anyway.

I guess the hoarders are still trying to stay “prepared”.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE - Finger style
    Gold Tone “Mini” Travel Banjo - Steel GCEA - Noodling
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGBD Plectrum Banjo music

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum ‘n Sing

Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA - Wall hanger
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Wall hanger
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano - Wall hanger
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - Bookshelf

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan D View Post
    This made me laugh out loud. Thanks for brightening my day, Ziret! :-)

Jan
    Happy to! I hope all is well down in Corvallis. A friend from there called yesterday and it sounds like you're a little behind us in restrictions.

I’m lazy - be nice to have a ‘transcript’ of the lyrics.

I’m in SF Bay Area and all the counties are in lockdown. Luckily, a couple of weeks ago we shopped in preparation of
    such a lockdown. Tomorrow, or Friday we’ll take the car out for a spin - charge the battery. Walked around the block yesterday and crossed the street when I saw another walker coming my way.

Bi be watching Amazon Prime Original Series. In three weeks, the rains will start to go away and we’ll use the patio.

Be safe peoples, this is coming your way. Don't hoarde, but stock up with essentials for a one month isolation. And don’t forget stamps and checks to pay bills

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    Happy to! I hope all is well down in Corvallis. A friend from there called yesterday and it sounds like you're a little behind us in restrictions.
    Thanks, Ziret. We’ve had lots of closures and cancellations here in Corvallis. And quite a few people (but not enough) are trying to follow the state and federal recommendations and mandates. So far, the only two confirmed cases in our county are two Corvallis residents who caught the virus while visiting family in Washington State, so they are self-quarantining up your way. It’s reasonable to assume the virus is here, but very little testing is being done so we have no data to work with. It’s only a matter of time before we get hit hard. In the mean time, many of us remain hunkered down, only venturing outside for groceries, walks in quiet places, and to hunt for toilet paper. :-)

Jan
    KoAloha KCM-00
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele
    Kala KA-SLNG
    Flight TUS35

Disturbing images - all this talk about people hunkering down with no toilet paper.

John Colter

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    So prepare for the "Shelter in Place" order that will be inevitable in the entire country. If you, like many uke players, are in the higher risk age bracket, begin social distancing immediately. And then play your uke a lot and hope we get over this sooner than later and better than worse.

Stay safe and healthy!
    My bank and library are now closed, but the bank's drive-up window is open. If we had started social distancing long ago, we'd be much better off now.

I've decided that if I get this, I'm going to recover from it.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Well, we went food shoppin’ to Stater Brothers’ market this mornin’ at the 0745 seniors only time. We got everything we needed except paper products. It was crowded and we had to line up, but it wasn’t too bad. Everyone was pretty cheerful and friendly.

Each shopper was limited to 1 box of milk, a dozen eggs, one chicken and a loaf of bread — good enough. I couldn’t readily find the beer I wanted, and, by the time I did, my wife had crossed the finish line. We did get wine and cocktail time snacks though.

We both feel better now. I hope we don’t die.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE - Finger style
    Gold Tone “Mini” Travel Banjo - Steel GCEA - Noodling
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGBD Plectrum Banjo music

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum ‘n Sing

Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA - Wall hanger
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Wall hanger
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano - Wall hanger
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - Bookshelf

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

Hey, let's have a party...then we can all go to the beach.

Party.jpg
    John

Can you believe there are (stupid) People on Clearwater Beach, huddled in groups? They are NOT Floridians, and they all were reported to look like kids on Spring Break. The City would not close the park until Monday, because of lost business. Just dumb.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

I run a fairly large performing arts center. Seeing the COVID-19 coming and what was happening in other parts of the world, I cancelled all classes, rehearsals, workshops, performances, ukulele meetups, and concerts. I asked all of my staff to work from home and I closed our buildings. This was done out of an abundance of concern for our staff, and our patrons. We now have ZERO income, but still, I believe that closing and enforcing extreme social distancing, even though this could close us forever, is the right thing to do. Has anyone anyone done a meetup using Zoom?

Thread Information