Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you throw away your boxes?

Default Do you throw away your boxes?

I didn't until ten minutes ago. I was gathering up all the trash today and I decided to get rid of old boxes. I have boxes for all kinds of stuff. As I was digging through them and fighting to convince myself to keep half of them, I came across boxes for my four ukuleles that I still have and the three Watermans that I gave away. By the time I got to them I was on a roll and everything was going. Out they went with the rest of the boxes. I'll let you know if I regret throwing them away some day. Right now I feel like I freed up a lot of room.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

I throw away most of them. I've been holding on to a couple of ukulele boxes in the event that i actually sell something; and I hold on to electronics boxes (e.g. Apple devices) until I sell them or trade them in. Otherwise...the boxes all go.
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

I’ll keep mine if the cardboard is fairly thick haha. For a while I’ve been keeping some boxes from amazon/goodfood so I can use them for other craft projects

I toss them immediately as if they were empty cardboard boxes

Throw away instrument (guitar and uke) boxes? Never!
    Blackbird Farallon Ekoa Tenor
    Beltona Songster Resonator Tenor
    Klos Carbon Fiber Tenor
    Magic Fluke Tenor Firefly Banjolele

I just threw away my big, Blueridge Guitar box today. I was keeping it in case I wanted to send the guitar back or somethin’ and just forgot about it. I’ll probably need it next week.

I keep stuff in ‘em like unused gig bags or straps or like that but throw the empty ones away. I’m in the throes of cleaning my garage, so some stuff is finally goin’ in the trash.

The guitar box was threeply, heavy cardboard. I had to force myself to throw it away.
    Kala "Spalted" baritone - Lo D GBE - Finger style
    Gold Tone “Mini” Travel Banjo - Steel GCEA - Noodling
    Luna “Peace” concert - CGBD Plectrum Banjo music

Kala tenor eight string - gGcCEEAA Strum ‘n Sing

Flea "Red" concert - Hi-G CEA - Wall hanger
    Kala "Exotic Mahogany" soprano - Hi-A DF#B Wall hanger
    Mahalo yellow "Smiley" soprano - Wall hanger
    Ka-Lai Pineapple soprano (old) gift - Bookshelf

God gave us old age so we wouldn't mind dying so much.

I keep boxes for the ukes that I might consider selling in the future. In the past months, I sold two and it was pain-free to reuse the shipping boxes that they came in (not as pain-free to sell them...). They fit well and were well cushioned.

Boxes for ukes that I will keep (either really nice ones or really cheap ones) or give away are recycled.

Quote Originally Posted by YUNI View Post
    I’ll keep mine if the cardboard is fairly thick haha. For a while I’ve been keeping some boxes from amazon/goodfood so I can use them for other craft projects
    The clever and crafty could make a uke case from the box it came in.

If the link doesn't work ... I searched 'how to make a ukulele case out of a ukulele box'
    https://wizzley.com/diy-ukulele-case/

I kept two uke boxes that came with new ukes thinking I might sell them someday. Also the same with cell phone boxes. It helps show I'm the original purchaser.

Ukulele boxes don't enhance value of an instrument but camera gear heads seem to like boxes. I was able to sell a few Canon camera and lens boxes for $25... Oddly, none of my ukuleles or guitars were sold with product logo boxes. They came with a case inside a plain brown shipping box. Even my Kala Elites—bought directly from Kala—shipped in a case inside a plain shipping box.
    Last edited by gochugogi; 03-09-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information