Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you throw away your boxes?

USPS just delivered a nicely packed uke this afternoon. The boxes are to nice to trash. I realize that keeping them may be my first step toward becoming a hoarder....
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Ko'olau C1, Concert
    Flight TUS-35

I've often thought about offering them to people who want to sell ukes, but the shipping cost would be too high to make it worthwhile.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I save all instrument boxes for anything that I might need to sell out of my local area. That would be anything more expensive and therefore possibly a more limited local market. Those spare boxes have come in very handy. Inexpensive instruments would be sold only locally as shipping costs can be too much to make shipping a viable option.
    I don’t save boxes from random appliances, electronics and the like when they have very little resale potential. I know that kind of stuff is just yard sale or CL merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by ripock View Post
    I toss them immediately as if they were empty cardboard boxes
    With ya brother!
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

I flatten the ones I am getting rid of. Along with a bunch of other large boxes. Then once or twice a year I take them to our trash hauler's yard where they bundle them and sell the cardboard for recycling.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I didn't until ten minutes ago. I was gathering up all the trash today and I decided to get rid of old boxes. I have boxes for all kinds of stuff. As I was digging through them and fighting to convince myself to keep half of them, I came across boxes for my four ukuleles that I still have and the three Watermans that I gave away. By the time I got to them I was on a roll and everything was going. Out they went with the rest of the boxes. I'll let you know if I regret throwing them away some day. Right now I feel like I freed up a lot of room.
    NO! I recycle them!
    Just Play

Sopranos: 1st uke, Lanikai soprano LU-11 - Aquilas | 30's Martin style 0 - Martins
    Concerts: Kanile'a K-2 CP - Living Water | Islander AC-4 - Living Water | Waverly Street banjolele - Worth Browns
    Tenor: Epiphone Hummingbird - Living Water low G
    UBass: Kala FS2 - Pahoehoe

I'll eventually get rid of most of the uke boxes - many of them come double-boxed. One type of box I save is from cameras and camera equipment. It seems that people like buying them with the original boxes. I have a box full of boxes in the garage.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    I didn't until ten minutes ago. I was gathering up all the trash today and I decided to get rid of old boxes. I have boxes for all kinds of stuff. As I was digging through them and fighting to convince myself to keep half of them, I came across boxes for my four ukuleles that I still have and the three Watermans that I gave away. By the time I got to them I was on a roll and everything was going. Out they went with the rest of the boxes. I'll let you know if I regret throwing them away some day. Right now I feel like I freed up a lot of room.
    Cardboard boxes are a great layer for mulching, decreasing weeds more than just commercial mulch alone.

Thread Information