Playing for a talent show

jnicholes

Reaction score
Well, another dream come true. Looks like I am playing Ukulele in a regional church talent show in a week! I was able to get in with my Ukulele!

I am so excited! Will update as I go along in the week before the talent show.

Ill also try to have a friend record me playing in the talent show for you guys.

Currently, I am trying to figure out which Ukulele to bring. I am most comfortable with my Concert, maybe I will bring that one.

Jared

Yes, definitely bring your concert ukulele, Jared. Participating in the talent show could feel a bit strange or distracting to you. Having your concert uke with you that day will be like having a comfortable “friend” along for the ride. Best of luck, and have fun!

Jan

Best wishes. If you're interested in doing more things like this, check out World Music Day on June 21. Many cities have several places that will host performances by local musicians. I participated last year, my church was one of the host venues. We're a downtown church with amazing acoustics and host a lot of different music events throughout the year. In the early/mid 60's Duke Ellington conducted a performance of his sacred choral music!
Check the organizations website for info on how to host or participate in an event.(makemusicday.org)

Best wishes. If you're interested in doing more things like this, check out World Music Day on June 21. Many cities have several places that will host performances by local musicians. I participated last year, my church was one of the host venues. We're a downtown church with amazing acoustics and host a lot of different music events throughout the year. In the early/mid 60's Duke Ellington conducted a performance of his sacred choral music!
Check the organizations website for info on how to host or participate in an event.(makemusicday.org)

that's interesting. I didn't know there was a day like that. Isn't there also a play music on your porch day?

Well, because it's a church talent show, I'm doing a church song. The song I am doing is titled, "Master the Tempest is Raging."

I'm trying to figure out what I should say at the talent show before I start playing the ukulele.

I've got five days to figure that out and to practice.

Jared that is very cool. Best of luck.

Introduce yourself and the song. And maybe, why you chose it, if it has a significance to you.

Enjoy the experience. And have fun.

Top Bottom