Sold FS: Moore Bettah ukulele with Calton case

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
NOW SOLD

It is with a great deal of debate that I have come to the decision to sell one of my Moore Bettah ukuleles. I wrote a book about Moore Bettah, and I consider them the finest instruments in the ukulele world. I also greatly value Chuck Moore, the man behind them, and consider them an extension of a dear relationship that I treasure as well.

But I have not been playing much ukulele any more. I have fallen completely in love with slack key guitar, and after going to the "dark side" just donʻt find the time for ukulele. As a result, it doesnʻt make sense for me to keep three ukuleles, when they are not being played.

That means I decided to sell this Moore Bettah, a slothead koa ukulele with an offset soundhole. This ukulele was built for me by Chuck in 2015, and consists of 5A master grade fiddleback koa. The binding on the ukulele is also curly koa, and the neck is carbon reinforced Spanish cedar. It has the inlay of a red hibiscus on the slotted headstock, and a turtle is swimming by the soundhole. Both the hibiscus and turtle are dyed maple burl, as is the rosette and the fret markers are koa wood on an ebony fingerboard. Finally, there is a side soundport to help ensure the player hears the ukulele even better.

The ukulele was fitted with an L.R. Baggs 5.0 ukulele pickup but I havenʻt got the ability to test it out so Iʻve never used it.

Because the ukulele was expensive, and means a lot to me, I had a custom Calton case made for it. The case is brown exterior with black padding. The measurements of the ukulele were sent to Calton, and it fits it like a glove with thick padding. I donʻt ever check my instruments but if you know the reputation of Calton, you know that they are flight grade cases. The case also was fitted with backpack D rings - though I donʻt have any backpack straps to add to it - it can be carried that way if you get some straps.

I am not looking for any trades, whatsoever. I am asking ____ for the ukulele and case, shipped in the USA. I name all my instruments, and had given this one the moniker "Kula Leo" (golden voice in Hawaiian) as it is extremely resonant and has lots of volume to match its great beauty. I am firm on price as this ukulele means a lot to me, and therefore not willing to take offers. Thanks for looking at it, and I hope it finds a home where it can be cherished and enjoyed.

A5oILdBl.jpg

s2Sj2XPl.jpg

Di4iVSFl.jpg

pKHJFg9l.jpg

Last edited:
I always remove it too out of respect for the buyer. If they wish to sell it later I don’t feel they should have to be locked into that price.

Can I ask why you removed the selling price? I ask because in the future, when similar instruments come up for sale, there's a record of what the market was (or is), if that information is left in the original ad.

In just seeing this now and not getting a chance to see the asking price I would of liked to know if I could of been a buyer...just give me the first digit then. Thanks.

Never even got a chance. :( Congrats to the buyer with the speedy fingers!

By gum that it is one of the nicest looking ukuleles I've ever seen on this marketplace. The sell price is of no interest to me as I doubt I could have afforded anything close to what this uke is worth.

Congrats to both the buyer and the seller on this sale.

I understand both sides of the argument on taking down pricing. I just found this and am curious on price too. Chucks ukulele sell high but are so worth it. I guess it’s like the expensive. Ar. If you have to ask mileage for gas you can’t afford it. I do wish price was still out there. I can see in a 24 hour or 48 hour grace time. It was just listed yesterday.. oh well.........

Glad somebody got it and can enjoy it.

WOW! Chuck's ukuleles are indeed the pinnacle of the craft. I would likely sell all of my ukes for one of his beauties. I know the buyer will cherish as you have.

Mahalo!

I actually just removed the pricing because the buyer asked me to do so...[/QUO

I hope its not cause they bought it to turn around and resell it quickly on other markets.

You need your Koaloha back yet Staci.

I actually just removed the pricing because the buyer asked me to do so...[/QUO

I hope its not cause they bought it to turn around and resell it quickly on other markets.

You need your Koaloha back yet Staci.

Ehh, if so, Iʻm okay with that. I got back exactly what I paid for it. I would not have felt right receiving a penny more than I had paid Chuck when he built it. I threw in the Calton case for free, but it is five years old, so...

I am saddened that you decided to sell the ukulele. But even sadder that you are not playing ukulele any more. :(

It was indeed a fantastic looking instrument and I'm sure an equally fantastic sounding one.

Congratulations to the new owner. May you play it in good health and with enjoyment for many years to come.

The plainer Chuck's ukes are, the better I like them. This one is almost plain. Very nice.

Ehh, if so, Iʻm okay with that. I got back exactly what I paid for it. I would not have felt right receiving a penny more than I had paid Chuck when he built it. I threw in the Calton case for free, but it is five years old, so...

Sounds like an amazing price...perhaps it's a good thing I was late to this post!

Congrats to the new owner!

This instrument is now being offered at UkuleleFriend.com

Before anyone gets worked up about this, it's WickedWahine11's prerogative to sell the uke to the first person who met her price. More power to her for getting the price he's happy with.

Still a beautiful instrument.

Sincere apologies to Ms Wicked WickedWahine. I should have remembered you are the woman who wrote the book on Chuck Moore & Moore Bettah Ukuleles. Wrote it late last night and had a senior moment. Or maybe just a brain fart. Either way, my bad.

Last edited:
I remember that happening with a few other instruments that came through here pretty recently and quickly popped up elsewhere post sale. Not hating. Just kinda wish they were being played. Seems like it's eBay < -- > FMM, and here to Reverb or consignment.

Umm, He is a she. She literally wrote the book on Moore Bettah ukes lol.

Went to uke friend site. Amazing how many incredible instruments are there. That sunburst Compass Rose is really nice. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about it.

Umm, He is a she. She literally wrote the book on Moore Bettah ukes lol.

Went to uke friend site. Amazing how many incredible instruments are there. That sunburst Compass Rose is really nice. Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about it.

Thanks Patrick for drawing my attention to my error. I knew that, but I wrote my post in a hurry and had a senior moment and forgot. I have corrected my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom