Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Performance cancelled

Default Performance cancelled

Due to COVID19, the talent show that I was going to play ukulele at was cancelled.

In fact, my whole church gatherings WORLDWIDE were just cancelled.

I might as well play for you guys later.

Sorry to hear that Jared. It's happening more and more. And we're all going to be affected.

Always happy to hear one of your performances.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

Yeah, I'm sorry, too. Music, and especially uplifting live performances, can really help lift us out of a funk like this.

Thanks, guys. I will post a video of what I WAS going to play at the talent show for you all.

I'll do it when I get home.

Jared

Seems like everything is cancelled. Here in Boston, about the only thing not cancelled is the annual New England Flower Show.
    We have tickets for tomorrow afternoon, wanted to go, but probably won't. Why be around hundreds if not thousands of people at this crazy time? I'll stay home and play uke and sing for my wife...oh right, that won't work either
    John

I'm staying home more than usual, I enjoy it as long as I don't watch too much political news. A ukulele has always been my antidote for that.
    I will miss not playing for the Corned Beef, Cabbage & Potatoes at the Senior Center also the "Wear'n of the Green" there.
    Making Lemonade.

2 of our gigs were cancelled today. Hospice cancelled all volunteer visits to patients. TBUS cancelled all of its events for the rest of March.
    Shriners is still open.
    AFAIC, this is the worst month in which this could happen, playing Irish songs is my favorite thing.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Thought we were going to get by, but our seniors uke group meetings twice a week are cancelled for the next 2-3 weeks or more. We're looking into doing online conference meetings.

Also, the philharmonic orchestra for which I do photography, cancelled a concert at the end of the month.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Posted my video on another thread. You guys are welcome to share ukulele videos on that thread if you want. It may help lift everyone's spirits.

My gig this weekend was cancelled. Merrie Monarch was just cancelled! Totally the right thing to do - props to the event planners making such a big call to pull the plug.

I've been thinking I should get on Youtube and start a weekly live stream to keep people topped up on uke fun.
    Brad Bordessa

My guide to fretting and fingering (NEW): Left Hand Technique for 'Ukulele

Thread Information