Performance cancelled

jnicholes

Reaction score
Due to COVID19, the talent show that I was going to play ukulele at was cancelled.

In fact, my whole church gatherings WORLDWIDE were just cancelled.

I might as well play for you guys later.

Sorry to hear that Jared. It's happening more and more. And we're all going to be affected.

Always happy to hear one of your performances.

Yeah, I'm sorry, too. Music, and especially uplifting live performances, can really help lift us out of a funk like this.

Thanks, guys. I will post a video of what I WAS going to play at the talent show for you all.

I'll do it when I get home.

Jared

Seems like everything is cancelled. Here in Boston, about the only thing not cancelled is the annual New England Flower Show.
We have tickets for tomorrow afternoon, wanted to go, but probably won't. Why be around hundreds if not thousands of people at this crazy time? I'll stay home and play uke and sing for my wife...oh right, that won't work either :rolleyes:

I'm staying home more than usual, I enjoy it as long as I don't watch too much political news. A ukulele has always been my antidote for that.
I will miss not playing for the Corned Beef, Cabbage & Potatoes at the Senior Center also the "Wear'n of the Green" there.
Making Lemonade.

2 of our gigs were cancelled today. Hospice cancelled all volunteer visits to patients. TBUS cancelled all of its events for the rest of March.
Shriners is still open.
AFAIC, this is the worst month in which this could happen, playing Irish songs is my favorite thing.

Thought we were going to get by, but our seniors uke group meetings twice a week are cancelled for the next 2-3 weeks or more. We're looking into doing online conference meetings.

Also, the philharmonic orchestra for which I do photography, cancelled a concert at the end of the month.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 6 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 41)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Posted my video on another thread. You guys are welcome to share ukulele videos on that thread if you want. It may help lift everyone's spirits.

My gig this weekend was cancelled. Merrie Monarch was just cancelled! Totally the right thing to do - props to the event planners making such a big call to pull the plug.

I've been thinking I should get on Youtube and start a weekly live stream to keep people topped up on uke fun.

My gig this weekend was cancelled. Merrie Monarch was just cancelled! Totally the right thing to do - props to the event planners making such a big call to pull the plug.

I've been thinking I should get on Youtube and start a weekly live stream to keep people topped up on uke fun.

Sorry to hear about Merrie Monarch, but not surprised. On the other hand, my wife and I enjoyed your set at Waikoloa Uke Fest on Saturday. I like the idea of a weekly live stream.

The entire University of Hawaii System is supposed to convert all classes to "online" because of COVID19. Not gonna work very well for 'ukulele, guitar, dance, theatre, etc. The situation seems rather fluid so maybe things will change after Spring Break.

I'm hoping our group leader can stream on YouTube in place of our Saturday jams.

we've cancelled all of our outside activity people from my care home. I have it restricted to necessary repair people, staff, and I'm about to start restricting families. They all understand. The family members we're taking care of average age 91 in my place.

A lot of things getting canceled. Well, we have to think of our health first. That's a definite must.

At least we can communicate this way, and not be alone during this time.

Shriner's just closed its hospitals to all non medical personnel. Shoot, they had us scheduled through the summer.
So far, our St Pattie's Day show is still on....for now.

The entire University of Hawaii System is supposed to convert all classes to "online" because of COVID19. Not gonna work very well for 'ukulele, guitar, dance, theatre, etc. The situation seems rather fluid so maybe things will change after Spring Break.

Ditto the entire U of WI. My friend has not yet been told what he has to do to adjust his math classes for the web. How they'll do individual Q&A, etc. He has to be totally ready to go by the end of Spring Break.

A high percentage of our uke club are in the highest risk age bracket.

The Covid 19 is surely horrible for performers.

People living off their music will be hit a lot, people going to uke clubs or the like will be affected some.

But hopefully a lot of people will find themselves practicing more in their homes than they used to, so the music can return even stronger after the pandemic has slowed down.

Top Bottom