I think I love

kookoolele

Reaction score
My soprano more than my tenor. :uhoh: :(
Who else has this problem? What's the cure?

I see it more as a preference than a problem. But if you want to think of it as a problem, then perhaps the cure would be to get a concert. It could act as a mediator between the soprano and the tenor, and settle their differences. :)

Jan

As per my signature, I see absolutely no problem!!!!

If you don't like a particular size, sell it.

Based on some previous threads I've read, I'm sure you wouldn't have any difficulty getting rid of the "problem", particularly since the tenor listed in your signature line is a KoAloha Silver Tenor.
;) Somehow, I don't think that's the solution you had in mind... but great conversation.

Because mine is a long neck soprano, I know at least one poster here would argue I already play a concert. A tiny-bodied one. :p

Based on some previous threads I've read, I'm sure you wouldn't have any difficulty getting rid of the "problem", particularly since the tenor listed in your signature line is a KoAloha Silver Tenor.
;) Somehow, I don't think that's the solution you had in mind... but great conversation.

Perhaps that will be the answer further into the future. ;)

Because mine is a long neck soprano, I know at least one poster here would argue I already play a concert. A tiny-bodied one. :p

I had the exact same problem about 3 years ago. Kept the long neck soprano and sold the tenor. Now I'm just playing sopranos ... and a baritone, go figure. :rolleyes:

Sounding suspiciously similar. Do you also play guitar as well?

This is interesting. I have this amazing Pono mango soprano that I love to play. I also have this recently acquired Kamaka soprano that I bought from a fellow UU forum member that I love to play. I go between the two like a yo-yo goes up and down. I love them both. I have a Kamaka HF-3 tenor and a Collings UT1 tenor along with a Loprinzi cherry tenor sitting in the case not being played at the moment. I like to cuddle the sopranos like I cuddle my grand kids. And then then the seasons change and the sweet sopranos go into their case and the the tenors come out. Really, I find my preferences are seasonal. In the summer I tend to play guitar.in the Fall I mostly play my LoPrinzi concert and MP Pineapple Longneck concert. During the winter I prefer to cuddle the sopranos. Then comes spring. This is the time I prefer my Pono steel string baritone ukulele. I don’t know why, but In short, I like em all!

TC

Last edited by a moderator:
I loves me some tenors. 17", 18" scale. 4-string, 8-string, acoustic, electric-acoustic, electric, double-bout, cutaway, ML, Gypsy-Jazz, TT, banjo uke.

They are all different and each has its own voice.

I love my concert more than my tenor, even though they sound nearly the same (both koa Kala Elites), and my tenor is better looking. Go figure.

This is interesting. I have this amazing Pono mango soprano that I love to play. I also have this recently acquired Kamaka soprano that I bought from a fellow UU forum member that I love to play. I go between the two like a yo-yo goes up and down. I love them both. I have a Kamaka HF-3 tenor and a Collings UT1 tenor along with a Loprinzi cherry tenor sitting in the case not being played at the moment. I like to cuddle the sopranos like I cuddle my grand kids. And then then the seasons change and the sweet sopranos go into their case and the the tenors come out. Really, I find my preferences are seasonal. In the summer I tend to play guitar.in the Fall I mostly play my LoPrinzi concert and MP Pineapple Longneck concert. During the winter I prefer to cuddle the sopranos. Then comes spring. This is the time I prefer my Pono steel string baritone ukulele. I don’t know why, but In short, I like em all!

TC

Interesting indeed! I think there might definitely be some seasonal correlation with my playing habits, but the soprano is fairly recent to me, and I would say the battle is against my acoustic guitars. I'll have to pay more attention to this in the future.

Top Bottom