Kangaroo Soprano Ukulele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This week it's the Kangaroo Soprano Ukulele, another ukulele brought in by a student. This might be the identical build as the inexpensive Tiger ukulele that was brought to my attention by Simon Taylor (Cool Cat Ukes), but we don't have Tiger stores in this part of the world for me to check out.

Ultimately, it works as a ukulele but has a chunky neck, and you have to like faux plastic wood. There is a buzz on this one, but I think it has been abused by its owner (I didn't want to say so in the video itself). The action was surprisingly low on this one. It's a really wide nut, but they don't take advantage of it in the spacing (it is spaced as a 35mm nut).

Personally, I'd tell people to save up $25 and buy a Flight TUS-35 or TUSL-35. But some people are going to go as cheap as they can...and this is better than many of the sub $30 ukuleles I have seen.

One Minute Review and UkeGuide Reviews listed below...

And the overall UkeGuide page can be found at UkeGuide.info.

Thanks for doing these videos. I bet you are a popular teacher.

Teri

Thanks for doing these videos. I bet you are a popular teacher.

Teri

I’m teaching elementary these days...and they all love music. I have been a secondary teacher and didn’t choose this for myself, but it has been great...although distance teaching is interesting.

Top Bottom